Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To all you Ford E350 Drivers

For those of you who own Ford E350's. What size crates can you stack in this van and how many can you get in? Any input is needed as I need to decide on this or a high top! Thanks!

Re: To all you Ford E350 Drivers

I can fit two 42" crates and six 36" crates if I have to. I also don't have the extended version.

I have an E-350 passenger van with carpeting, a headliner, etc. Without a high top, the only stackable crates I've been able to fit in mine are these stackable crates. Tried stacking Vari Kennels but even those wouldn't fit with the thickness of the carpet and headliner. There might be more room floor to ceiling in the actual cargo vans but I wanted to be sure I had ductwork in the back to keep my gang comfortable.

I bought an E350 van, the passenger style and not the extended( I didn't want the extra 3 feet) First thing was to take out all but the driver and front passenger seat. Then I took out all the rear seat belts. I can put 6 500's or 6 400's and can stack 6 300's on top of those ( for young dogs this is ok) or 6 400's with my 6 stacking crates on top, they are normal width and legnth but not as tall as a 400. So I guess if I needed to I could get twelve inside, but who wants to take that many? It's also a turbo V10 and my main love is that it has rear air conditioning and I love it. I have the slider on the side not the barn doors.

Re: Re: To all you Ford E350 Drivers

I'm glad someone brought this up. I have the extended version and I'm trying to figure out what size/how many crates to buy and how to arrange them.

The V-10 gas engine is not a turbo - only the V-8 Powerstroke Diesel engine is turbo-charged in the E350 van.

If you can get a passenger van, do. The insulation is very helpful - a cargo van gets very hot or very cold more quickly. My E150 with the seats removed fits 5 400-500 crates, or 3 plus I can stack 4 30" wire crates, so I can carry up to 7 Labs and still have plenty of room to fit a bunch of Havanese. (My bitches fit comfortably in the 30" crates for traveling.) Also, with fans and shade, the inside stays quite cool even when the temp is in the 90s.

I have an extended E-350. I have 6 full size crates (36") accessible from the side door and 2 - 30" crates accessible from the back. The bench seat is also in the van. The stacked crates are the Midwest Stackable wire crates. One advantage of the Stackables is they open right to left so it's easier to get the dogs in and out.
This set up gives you plenty of storage and the ability to take more more people.