Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IS THERE A SAFE, NATURAL SUPPLEMENT FOR URINARY HEALTH FOR FEMALES?

Is there a natural supplement that is safe to use in puppies for urinary health?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: IS THERE A SAFE, NATURAL SUPPLEMENT FOR URINARY HEALTH FOR FEMALES?

http://www.petacular.com/products/Cranberry-Dog.html

Re: Re: IS THERE A SAFE, NATURAL SUPPLEMENT FOR URINARY HEALTH FOR FEMALES?

This is a great product...
http://www.entirelypets.com/cranvet60.html
Good Luck!

Re: Re: Re: IS THERE A SAFE, NATURAL SUPPLEMENT FOR URINARY HEALTH FOR FEMALES?

Just go to your local drug store and buy cranberry pills, give her one a day that should keep her from UTI's
Aloha,
Jackie

http://www.naturesfarmacy.com/store/details.php?prodId=57&category=

how about just plain cranberries?

just cranberries are not going to be concentrated enough. I would use capsules. i love nature's farmacy cranberry products.

do you know if it's safe for puppies and do they mind the taste?

Re: Re: Re: IS THERE A SAFE, NATURAL SUPPLEMENT FOR URINARY HEALTH FOR FEMALES?

cranberry tabs and 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in her food every day.

Yes! Cranberry. Not the juice, but a concentrate. Try your local GNC. I either get the concentrate, or the encapsulated cranberry. 1 -2 tablets twice a day!

For a natural antibiotic (if you want) encapsulated echinacea or goldenseal. No side effects.

I have used crancaps - concentrated - (be sure there is no sugar in them) for pups from 6 weeks of age with recessed vulvas. Never had an infection for a year, heat cycle corrected. I use 2100 mg daily but have heard others getting results with lower dose.

I also test urine PH weekly and if elevated dbl up on crancaps for a week or 2 and retest PH.

I have also had urine test positive for UTI and cleared it up with 2100 mg 2x/daily in 2 weeks. Urine retested at vet.

she does have a bit of a recessed vulva...
i'm assuming that will correct itself as she gets bigger...
so, you are saying she stopped getting UTI's after you started the crancaps?
where do you get yours from?

My pups never had any UTIs because i started preventative measures at 6 weeks of age. Crancaps were continued daily for a year until pup came in heat - no infections at all. Urine PH was also tested weekly to catch any infection in early stages.

Please do not spay your girl if she has a recessed vulva - no matter what your vet tells you (too many don't know what an RV is and spay too early). It is not her growing that corrects it. It is the first heat cycle. Vulva will swell during the heat and in most cases this pops out the recess for good.

You have to wait till cycle is over and swelling to go down to be sure it is corrected.

Oops forgot your last question.

www.progressivelabs.com

I also use Natures Farmacy for cran-caps and other supplies. They will rush ship any order if I need it almost any day of the week.

All of their products are high quality and not overly expensive, in fact reasonable pricing. They start at $7.95 for 100 ct. cran-caps or the 250 ct. are $14.95. I usually buy 4 bottles of the 250 ct. at a time. I give pups 1 capsule for each of their 3 meals but I rarely have had interverted vulva's. I use cran-caps strictly for UT health for pups and adults. My adults get a higher dose then the pups due to the difference in weight.

They always take calls with questions and they are in business for 25 years-7 days a week. I like dealing with that kind of company that is there for us breeders or the pet owners all the time. They make me feel comfortable making a phone call which isn't frequent with businesses lately.

If this is a pet pup, I should have pointed out that once the RV corrects it is okay to spay.