Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front Feet question

I rescued a female labrador last week and will have her spayed and find her a good home, I just have a question about her front feet, they are really weird looking, really fat and spread out, I dont know how to describe it, like a duck maybe?lol. Poor thing was with a family who never took care of her or spayed her, thank goodness she never had a litter, was kept on a chain. I wonder if her feet are like that naturally or where she didnt get alot of exercise? Ive looked online and cant find feet like hers! any ideas?

Re: Front Feet question

Sounds like her condition could be from never getting any exercise with a little poor breeding added to the mix.

Re: Front Feet question

I would call it flat splayed foot.
I think it has a lot to do with genetics but could also have to do with no exercise causing poor structure of tendons and ligaments in the feet.

I am definitely a foot person when it comes to the labs, I love a nice tight foot, no spacing, no splaying.

good luck with your girl and finding her a new home.
whoever loves her will probably not even notice her feet are odd.

Re: Re: Front Feet question

Duck feet are normally from lack of exercise and lack of care for the length of nails. Cut her nails back, get her on the gravel working. Should have some tight feet in less than a month

Re: Re: Front Feet question

Do you know of a site i can see feet like this?
Can it be corrected? She is a beautiful girl with a very good pedigree. Shame that these people were able to own her :-(.

Re: Re: Re: Front Feet question

Maybe this:
http://www.canecorsouk.com/vanourrescuecorso.htm
I've seen this mostly on dogs that are/were kepth on wired floors.