Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jim Rau Show Supt

Why do clubs use Rau with their difficult website, when MB-F is so much more felicitous? Please note that I am in no way connected to MB-F. It's just that I find Rau totally frustrating--no catalog (without results) and no results for days and then no way to history a dog, etc.

Re: Jim Rau Show Supt

If you think Rau is bad, check out Onofrio. In this day, there is no excuse for not posting catalogs and results online like MB-F does. The superintendant is at the show. The Moss Bow people are at the computer. The Rau people are probably out to lunch.

Re: Jim Rau Show Supt

Pretty much because they are great people and good to work with.

Re: Re: Jim Rau Show Supt

Their catalogs are horrible for pictures and they fall apart, but they are nice people to work with. Also they cost the clubs alot less, which is passed on to the exhibitors with cheaper entries. MBF still gets my vote.

Re: Re: Re: Jim Rau Show Supt

I'd rather pay for a good service and actually get service. Nice is fine, but for this you need professional service. Why can't they be nice AND provide full service?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jim Rau Show Supt

I have dogs on the road. I can't tell who the competition is, how many points are out there, who won in the classes, how many group points, etc. I am spending a fortune to sit in the dark? No, I like MBF- I know exactly where my money is going on the day it is spent, not two weeks later when AKC only posts the placements.