Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Optigen running special

Just a heads up that Optigen has a special that ends today. Sorry, just saw it. Best price I've seen with them. Came down to $131. not bad. And yes, I have used Pawsitive ID also. This is where I wanted to go this time. JFYI

Re: Optigen running special

thanks for the info
called them and you can pay online for the discount and send samples later

to bad just finding out....would have used them for that price

Ingen.bs still cheaper!

Re: Re: Optigen running special

You have all day. Plus better price if you have multible dogs from a litter. You can enter on line and pull blood later in the week.

$131??? Was it for one dog? I did filled out everything and I got $175 and 5% discount at the final check out. Is there something I need to do?

Did you remember to put in the discount code??? It is automated and only calculates the reduced price if you enter the code.

Re: Re: Re: Optigen running special

Well I am a novice at this and I am doing all my boy's clearance and yes Maureen I am including EIC too so I might have more questions. So I looked and looked and cannot find that code!!! Also under labrador it said combo $140 and I have no idea what it is. Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Optigen running special

The code is StPats93 . You just enter that in the box for discounts and it will recalculate your price. Call Optigen tomorrow and ask about adjusting your price. They are very good about correcting things like that - heaven knows we all make computer errors at times!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Optigen running special

Thank you!!!!

Even with discount, Optigen is so much more costly than Ingen. Is there a reason not to go with Ingen on that basis alone? (I have no affiliation with either of them.)

I purchased two kits from Ingen and price was $155-had an email with $5 off code. I have no problem with Ingen.

Just remember that if you have a stud dog that we might be interested in; the standard is Optigen and we won't breed to anything less.

I know the answer. We don't care if you use our stud dog anyhow. Yada, yada, yada ....

I will put my stud fees with those that do the OFA approved tests.

That subject has been expressed over and over...We can choose the cheaper if we want. As Ingen's popularity grows it too can become recognized. OFA lists more report types now than the past. Not to start any flames but you are correct, I am not one bit worried if you would want to use my stud.

Re: Re: Re: Optigen running special

I agree with the fact that I want to know the stud dog was Optigen at this point. That is why I send the boys into Optigen still. I have used both for the girls. And I agree, some will not look at your dog and you may not care but I do.

If you think Ingen is good enough for your girls, you're wasting your money to then go to Optigen for your boys. What kind of reasoning is that? Either you believe in the test or you don't.

~I agree with the fact that I want to know the stud dog was Optigen at this point. That is why I send the boys into Optigen still. I have used both for the girls. And I agree, some will not look at your dog and you may not care but I do. ~

I said I have used both for the girls. Needing color at the same time. Girls clear by parentage. Boy new.