Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanks to all! / I dont want to be a mommy!

Just want to update all on Lilly´s progress on being a mom; four pups by c-section, didnt want to know a thing about them, let them nurse as long and as much as I could and then had to go on manual feeding! Three made their way forwards, lost a little guy to fading puppy syndrome, then she started with mastitis, went to vet, was told to go ahead and see if the guys would feed, took them to her, she was very happy to see them, layed them next to her and WALLAH! they started to feed like bandits, this was last night, this morning they are big and fat! Jeeeez all of this in 6 days! I want to thank all of you for your advise. She is being a good mom afterall!!!!

Re: Thanks to all! / I dont want to be a mommy!

Be careful and don't over feed her with just three. You will be wanting to see them catch up fast, but do it slow. She will not need much extra food at all with just 3 pups. Glad you let us know and so happy she did turn on. They do usually after a couple of days.

Re: Re: Thanks to all! / I dont want to be a mommy!

Glad to hear that "new mom" has settled in with her brood.Hope you can be at ease now too!