Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
help: 3 month old puppy all of a sudden shaking head, not walking steady

Help,

I have a 3 month old that is all of a sudden shaking head, tilting head, and not walking steady. He does not act right.

Also, he acts like he is in pain, and wines a bit.

I am taking him to the vet to see if he has an inner ear infection,

but he does not do it all the time.

What are these new neurological test that breeders are doing? And what are the symptoms?

Help,

What is this?

Re: help: 3 month old puppy all of a sudden shaking head, not walking steady

From what you have described, it sounds like an ear infection or an injury.

Hopefully your doc will have an answer for you.

MK

I think this might help: I have a Belgian Terv friend who is very familiar with these symptoms.
If you would please post your email I will have her contact you.
Good luck with this baby.

Re: Re: help: 3 month old puppy all of a sudden shaking head, not walking steady

I took the puppy to the vet, and he was acting normal.

They watched him for a long time, and did not see anything wrong with him, except wax build up in ears, and cut on the eyelid. He weighed 39, and they said he was a bit over weight.

Re: Re: Re: help: 3 month old puppy all of a sudden shaking head, not walking steady

Just like your car. You know something is wrong, take it to the shop and they have it for 5 days trying to duplicate what you've explained. "No mam, nothing's wrong". You go home and BAM! there's the darn noise, or vibration! YOU know something IS wrong is what I'm saying. Don't Let it go. Find a vet that will really investigate it and be willing to watch the puppy for a while...maybe leave it at the clinic for a few hours. They could watch the pup while they eat their lunch. Eventually they will see what you're talking about. Hope your pup's O.K.

Re: Re: Re: Re: help: 3 month old puppy all of a sudden shaking head, not walking steady

The vet is aware of the CNM & EIC, but did not beleive that the previous symptoms I described were in that catagory.

We were at the hospital for a long time, and the puppy was acting normaly. Also, the vet did tell me to watch him, and if he did it again, for me to come straight to the animal hospital.

I read the information about EIC & CNM, and I would certainly hope that my puppy will not get this disease.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: help: 3 month old puppy all of a sudden shaking head, not walking steady

Did he just have a booster in last couple weeks? MIght want to look up vaccine reactions or contact Dr. Jean Dodds, if this continues, while following up on other possible causes, genetic or environmental. Hope pup does well.

Can you take movies with your cell phone?

You may also want to investigate tetanus... not common, but have seen similar symptoms as you described.