Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bulls Penis

My dogs just love these things. Any one know where I can buy them in bulk for a reasonable price? I paid 20 bucks for 3 small ones at Petsmart.

THX

Bulls Penis

EEEEEEWWW, no more doggie kisses for you

Re: Bulls Penis

I don't know a specific place to buy, but they tend to be expensive.

If you search Bully Sticks (I did a simple search) a bunch of places came up with what seemed to be more reasonable prices.

I know someone that buys the super long ones (3ft) and cuts them in 3s himself so that he gets more bang for his buck.

Get the ones made in USA, they are the best.

...and it's not a bulls penis, just the tendon.

Re: Re: Bulls Penis

I had no idea that's what a bully stick was. Well, ok then!

You really get what you pay for. I like the ones made by the Moo Company. They are free range and have had the urethra removed so you don't get that odor issue. They last much longer than the less expensive ones.

I use these for puppy pacifiers, but be careful with the older dogs. We had to do surgery on an older bitch because she swallowed the last hunk of bully stick (was about 1" square) and it got stuck in her intestines. She made it through the surgery, but was very sick and it was very expensive. Now we only use for puppies.

www.pettreats.com

You can use them for adult dogs, it all depends on how they chew. My adult Labs chew them down slowly piece by piece and have never swallowed the last part,
they chew it alll down. With any bone, they should be supervised while chewing on a bone and know your dogs chewing habits. Some are swallowers, some are methodical chewers. Bully sticks are the best bones that will not break your dogs teeth because they get soft when chewed.

Re: Re: Bulls Penis

Thanks so much! I think I'll look for the 3 footers and cut them down.