Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac photos

I got mine today. They are just awful. I knew they would be. The photographer just did not care. I could tell when I was watching him take photos of others. He would say OK, and I knew he did not get a good shot. He was probably overwhelmed with the long line waiting, but that is no excuse. I had 3 pictures taken, and they are all going back. What a waste, and what a disappointment.

Re: Potomac photos

oh crud, I had a lot taken too....hope I don't have the same thing happen as you....

Usually I take my own too, and I did not. Should have.

was it the same guy as last year? Mine were horrible from last year as well

Just received mine also - not good. Do we have to buy the photo or can we return it? A friend (thank you again Lisa!) took pictures when my dog was in the ring - those turned out really nice.

No, you don't have to buy them. But if you return them, write a note telling him that you are not buying them because they are terrible. I am so upset. I am proud of my Potomac wins, and would like a nice photo of them. Not this year.

Bill and I got our Potomac pics, today, and they are 2 of the best pictures, yet. Keepers, for sure.

I received my picture in the mail today. It is a nice picture and I will buy it. I also had mine done Wednesday afternoon and there was no line.

I got mine and it is great

I got mine today too and it's not bad.

I agree though, the photographer was a pill, not very friendly and very impatient.

Mine are just terrible!!! The angle is so bizarre, I look like a GIANT and the judge looks like she is standing 2 blocks away and is tiny, the dog is somewhere in between. I have to say it's the weirdest looking "win" photo I've ever seen. I’m so glad that I had good friends taking photos and have some great ones from them, but I’m bummed that I don’t have the judge and Potomac background.

Well my picture is horrible. I would much prefer to have been outdoors. Everything the club does for the show is absolutely wonderful, but the picture is a downer. If I'm so lucky to place again next year, I'll do my best to politley corner the judge into a photo Wednesday or Thursday. I thank the club for such a great show!!!!!!!

I don't know why you folks with bad pictures bash the photographer. I am certain not every photo you take turns out. You know that the photographer tries to do a decent job. After all, if a picture does not turn out, he loses money on materials and postage and does not get paid. How would you like to have a job for which you got paid only when your boss thought your results were wonderful?

I got my photos yesterday and they are great. Of course, I would like them better if I wasn't in them , but then I know I'm not photogenic! I found the photographer to be very patient with my young boy. I also made it a point to get the pictures done when there was no one in line.

In the age of the digital camera, there is no excuse. He could take 5-10 pics of each dog, and hopefully get at least one good one. I was watching him on Friday evening, and he was overwhelmed and impatient. I saw him snapping shots that i knew would be just awful. He was harried, and it shows in his work.

My Potomac show photo arrived yesterday and I have to say it is one of the best pics I have of this girl. I did hear that Friday evening got a little hectic though (my picture is from Thursday at the outside set up).

Yes but it is the photographers JOB to make sure the dog looks good in the photo as they are the ones at the right position to SEE everything. We have a really good one at our shows, she will make you move your dogs foot 1 inch if it is out a bit. Pays in the end for the photographer to make SURE to get a good one!

Can someone please email me the show photographers name so I can find out where my photos are? TIA

First Potomac, dog placed, official show pictures were horrible. Where I live, the show photographers have their computers set up so you can see your picture as soon as it's taken and order it or have it redone before the show is over and the judge departs. What a disappointment - wanted to use it for some advertisements and cant ... It was the only less than perfect thing about the show!!