Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vets in NJ or PA doing x-rays with "traditional" film not digital...

We're looking for a decent vet in NJ or Eastern PA to do non-digital OFA x-rays. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Re: Vets in NJ or PA doing x-rays with

Raintree Vet Hospital, Freehold NJ 732-761-0868. Excellent docs.

Columbus Central Veterinary Hospital - Dr. Greiner or Dr. Boden Columbus, NJ (Burlington County) 609-298-4600

why are you looking for traditional?
Digital films are so much clearer

Labs
why are you looking for traditional?
Digital films are so much clearer

I am wondering the same thing. Newton A.H., Newton, NJ does a great job with digital.

I'm not the OP, but I like to get the x-ray films back. So far as I know, the dog owner does not get a copy of the digital x-rays. Am I missing something?

I get digital done and get a CD copy with all xrays done that day on it.

Plus digital can be sent via email using a debit card, eliminating the shipping cost and mailing time.

plus digital is so much clearer you can really see everything.
Maybe that is the reason...

My vet can print regular as well as digital films.

Re: Digital can be copied or emailed? NJ or PA doing x-rays

I am not sure but I would think that it is way easier to copy digital x-rays than the film ones. Ask the vet if it is okay if you bring an extra disk for them to burn for you. Or offer to buy one of theirs if they fear a virus from an outside computer. Too many forget to put in a double plate if that is what you want for film, and OFA prefers not to return films these days.
Couldn't they also be emailed to you? If they can be emailed to OFA, why not you?
Or am I off base? Heck, we download videos! This is a few plates/images. When my vet forgot to put the extra plates in for hard copies years ago, I had to go to a special place to have the copies made to have on file in case they were lost or whatever. Much more of a pain than copying on to a disk or emailing!
Correct me if I am wrong on the assumptions. However, OFA provides for the vet to either send a CD or an email.
http://www.offa.org/elecsubmission.html

I would be perfectly happy with a digital image. The cost of returning an x-ray is $5. That is OK too.

I got a copy of the CD from the vet at no extra cost.

My last xrays were done digital. And the vet gave me a link to a site where I could go on and view my xrays. I was able to save the images from there and keep them.

I am trying a new vet soon who does digital but at half the price. We'll see what they normally do.

bdr
My last xrays were done digital. And the vet gave me a link to a site where I could go on and view my xrays. I was able to save the images from there and keep them.

I am trying a new vet soon who does digital but at half the price. We'll see what they normally do.

Is this new vet you are trying in NJ? If you are happy with them for OFA would you share the name? TIA.

could you piease supply me with the name and address of your new vet