Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pioneer Valley Judging Program

http://www.infodog.com/jps/629/jpg629.pdf

Re: Pioneer Valley Judging Program

They have the 9-12 puppy girls regular and sweeps classes at the same time. That'll be fun.

No they don't. I think you confusing the puppy DOG sweeps class with the girls.

The puppy bitch 6-9 class could very well be back to back with the puppy bitch 6-9 sweepstakes class. Regular is at 8:30 and sweepstakes judging starts at 8:00 with about 30 sweepstakes dogs in front of 6-9 puppy bitch sweeps. If any of the boys are absent you may very well run from one ring right into the next with no down time for the puppies.

But you just have to plan ahead and hope the sweepstakes judge takes her time in judging!

The regular class ring for 9-12 bitches starts at 8:30. There are 15 6-9 pups first, and at 2 minutes per dog, that makes 9-12 start at 9:00.With 24 pups in the class, they should be in the ring from 9- 9:48. The sweeps ring starts at 8:00. With 44 pups before 9-12 bitches, that makes them go into the ring around 9:28. Can you see the conflict here?

You are correct.

It is hard on the little ones to do one class after the other, but I've never tried to schedule classes.

There are always conflicts at specialties. If you let the ring steward or show superintendent aware of your problem, they will let you come in late or if a class is involved, they will stop judging in one ring. Happens all the time. No big deal.

This is not really what I would call a conflict. That would be if I had a dog in one class, and another dog in another ring at the same time. That would be a conflict they could work around. This was an error in scheduling (MBF's fault, not the LRCPV's fault) They have the sweeps classes at the same time as the regular classes in bitches. I am sure they will work it out, but it will mean holding up one ring or the other, and it will mean the little pups having classes back to back. I just pray it isn't hot! You would think MBF could do this after all the years they have been scheduling.