Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac - question about judging

I remember one of the bitch judges (not sure sweeps or regular) doing written critiques and actually photographing the four placements in her ring.

Will these be available to see on the LRCP website somewhere????

Re: Potomac - question about judging

Not normally - this is for the judges books. Unless you contact the Judge, which I dont think they will mind.

And it was Becky Jack who took videos and Linda Schiele who took the pictures.

Actually, Specialty clubs often contact judges for a copy of their critiques. They clubs then send the critques along with show photos into the LQ for later publication about the event. So just keep reading the LQ and if we are all lucky we will get to read the critiques in an upcoming issue.
As far as photos the judges may take, those are normally for their own use.

I used my digital camera's video mode to do my critiques. I loved how it turned out, even though my original plan was to have my teenagers download a voice recorder ap for my iPod, but somehow that never got done. ;-/ Anyway, there is a lot of background noise, so it is a little hard to hear what I'm saying, but I've really enjoyed going back and looking at the dogs. My intention was to put them up on my website, but as I thought about it, I wasn't sure that the owners would appreciate my publishing pictures of their dogs. So I have not put them up.

If people think I'm wrong, I'm happy to reconsider.

I would not mind, but can I email you privately to get your critique?

If the club asked for judges' critiques, then technically they are the property of the club and should not be released to anyone until the club releases them for publication either through their own website, newsletter or other magazine, etc. Judges may make notes, take photos, etc. to help them when writing their show critiques and for their own notes, but not for any type of distribution until after the critiques are released by the club.

Cool! thanks for sharing...I'll wait for the critiques in LQ!