Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
toughest toy

I think I finally found a toy that my gang can not destroy with in the first week!
Tractor supply has tough rubber mini tires and tire bones.

These tough toys have lasted 2 weeks with my destroyer gang! Going back for more.

Re: toughest toy

The makers of the Jolly Ball toys just came out with a new one called the Bounce and Play Ball. It comes in 8,6, and 4 inch sizes. The balls are scented tough rubber balls that are flexable enough to pick up, but tough enough hold up to seven dogs. Unlike the other Jolly Balls there is no handle or rope hole to start to chew. You can really get some distance when you kick them too! I just think they are just terrific.

Thanks Janet, I'll get them. Mine ate right through
those expensive Jolly balls, I'll check out the new
ones as Kitten still carries the one with the big hole
in it where the handle once was. Kongs are a joke around here!

Mine at the tire stuff. I got some toys from a site that sells items for zoo animals. I will have to look the address up. At one time it had quit working. I am sure someone out here knows what I am talking about. I got a spool and a giant ball. The dogs love them!

Send me an email and I will send you a picture of a toy that survived for two years before my dogs finally did it in.

Janet, is this the toy?:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_43615_-1______14540|30836|30838|43615?listingPage=true&Special=false

The ONLY thing that has lasted at our house is the Galileo Bone. I buy two different sizes(medium and large) and they last a long long time! It is the only thing mine don't chew up in 5 minutes.

My trouble is that I also need toys that are brightly colored so that when they get carried out into the wooded dog yard I will see them and return them to the house. I have a red tire and a rubber "space station" toy, available in one of the catalogs, probably Petsedge, that have held up for many years. Galileo bones and a black tire were tough enough but eventually were lost to the great outdoors.

Yes Becky that is the one, they are in different sizes. I got the medium size so the girls could haul them around. So far so good.....

I ordered some tough toys from Jeffers once...didnt last a day. some fire hose toy was guaranteed to be tuff. As soon as the girls realized there was a squeaker inside that was it, they had every inch of that toy in shreds.

Kongs last around here as well but hard for interactive play between dogs, they love a toy that everyone can get a mouth on and pull around.

As individuals they are as gentle as they can be and will keep a stuffy around forever but as a group forget it LOL

I have one of those tire toys from TSC right here and it has a big chunk chewed right out of the tread part

This is absolutely the toughest toy I have ever purchased for my Labs. They are even guaranteed and such pretty bright colors too. http://www.hotdogcollars.com/Zogoflex-Huck-p/wst-002.htm

Cool, have never seen those toys before.

Not exactly a toy, but we are loving these at my house: LUCKY BUCK ANTLERS

This is the toy my gang has not been able to destroy. Over time they do separate the two balls, but they last for ever.
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751627

"interactive play between dogs", i couldn´t resist telling our latest interactive playing...our youngest girl brings daily home a mummified field mouce, fortunatelly before the play starts she nicely drops it in my hand. do i have a cat/labrador???
ritva