Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pool on the Cesar Milan show

Anyone here ever watch the Dog Whisperer? On his show, his dogs have a small blue pool to play in. It is about 2-feet deep, and maybe 8 feet wide. It is round, and hard blue plastic. Does anyone know where I can get one of those? I tried all kinds of searches, and came up with a million different pools, but i would really like to get one like that. Thanks if you can help!

Re: Pool on the Cesar Milan show

Try Tractor Supply. I believe it is a watering trough. I want one.

It's from TSC. We have one and it's WONDERFUL!!
The dogs CANNOT destroy it.
We leave it out all year 'round in their paddock and just turn it upside down when not in use.
They use it as a sunbathing lounge, LOL!!
Great for ring around the rosy too

Here you go
http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_28419_-1______14602%7C14606%7C14614%7C28419?listingPage=true&Special=false

Nice pool but I'm not sure I'm up to paying $315 for a dog pool. :-)

Thanks for the responses! We don't have a tractor supply anywhere even vaguely close by. But, at least i have a better idea where to look.. I can't believe I guessed it's size right on! I never can do that! $315 is pretty steep, but I think it may be worth it. How does it drain? Is there a plug on the side somewhere? And, can the dogs get in and out of it without any stairs?

Your local feed store can order them too. There is also a six foot size. I have a 6x2 galvanized metal pool. We call it the red neck hot tub. I have a hose hooked to the drain so I can water the yard when I change the water.

Do your dogs jump in and out of it, or do you have a stairs or ramp?

Most feed stores will have similar ones.
Be sure to find one with the 2 foot sides and one with a drain plug.
with the dogs getting in and out quite often you will find it gets dirty fast.
They also make shorter ones for sheep or goats, side are only 1 foot.

Yes, I also noticed that pool ... it's also called a stock tank when you google it. They have a nice 10ft stock tank blue which is about $350, with a drain at the bottom. thought I might have it also convereted and attach a salt water pump system to it. This way I'd save on water but am going to wait

http://www.intexstore.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=268

Since the stock tank is a little deep how do you get your dog into it .... do you have steps or a decking around it?

Yes, I also noticed that pool ... it's also called a stock tank when you google it. They have a nice 10ft stock tank blue which is about $350, with a drain at the bottom. thought I might have it also convereted and attach a salt water pump system to it. This way I'd save on water but am going to wait

http://www.intexstore.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=268

Since the stock tank is a little deep how do you get your dog into it .... do you have steps or a decking around it?

Where are you seeing a 10 foot tank for 350?

I found this tank at tractor supply on line its $314.99 and all plastic in blue.
http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay_10551_10001_28419_-1______14602%7C14606%7C14614%7C28419?listingPage=true&Special=false

Rubbermaid also has what they call tanks up to 300 gal. For horse and cows water. I have two of the 50 gal that the dogs can just step into. Empty easy. Can not chew at all. Just search Rubbermaid tanks. I do wonder how dogs would get into the deeper ones.

Although we have the short side troughs for the dogs, when we take them out into the pastures they have not problem jumping in and out of the deep sided troughs for the cattle.

I made steps for mine.

My dogs fly in and out of my blue one with no problem. It's only 2 feet

I really want one, but I don't know how I would get it here. I have a van, but I don't think a solid pool 8 feet wide would get through the back or the side doors. There are no Tractor Supplies near here, but I do go by one one the way back from an upcoming show. I just can't think of a way to get it home!

24" deep, can they actually swim in it? Good exercise tho! I'd want to get one but would like to know

Yes, they can swim in it but with all the splashing and playing the water gets tossed out quickly!

Pool on the Cesar Milan show

A 9' holds about 1000 gallons & an 8' holds about 625 gallons (I think) .... that's a lot of water!
How big is yours? I have 2 labs that love to swim
Would it be worth it to have a pump installed to keep water clean or does all the water just get dumped pretty quickly... Is it possible that you can email me privately so that I can see what yours looks like
I'd really like to get one before in the next couple of weeks - thanks for your help