Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Innova and runny poops

I have changed over to Innova over a 6 week period, now that all my dogs are fully transferred, still runny poops.

My trainer called the company yesterday. She suspected that they may have changed the formula (just like many have done in this economy to cut costs) and they said something about a change they made last November. Does anyone know what this is....anyone experiencing the same thing I am?

Thanks so much.

Re: Innova and runny poops

I know Innova is pretty rich. What did you change from? Try feeding less per feeding and see if that helps.

Glad you mentionned this...I had this problem and I did not know what is was. I am curious to see what it is. I tried Evo and it was a disaster. I changed to Origen and I have no problems at all my dog's poops since.

Innova did have an unannounced formula change last fall (at about the same time Natura reduced their bag sizes.) Flaxseed was added to the innova adult.

Tried it once on my dogs a few years ago and had stinky very soft poop, couldn't even just give them the bisquits as it made their poop soft and stinky.
Aloha,
Jackie

Tried switching my cats over and the results were diarrhea, even when adding just a small amount to their regular food. Didn't even want to try it on the dogs, too rich I believe.

I feed Innova adult, Innova Large breed puppy and EVO to my various dogs without incident. I've been using the Natura foods for over 10 years and didn't notice any difference with formula changes.

Goes to show that not all dogs do equally well on any of the foods out there. IF there was ONE food that was superior to all the rest and that all dogs did great on then eventually we'd all get there and the other foods would go away (obviously that hasn't happened)!!

There are a number of things you can try, but for starters why not change back to the original food you were feeding and see if the diarrhea stops.

Garlic was removed and pumpkin added.

Typically when feeding Innova if a dog gets runny poops --it is due to overfeeding.

What were you feeding? Mine were ok on it until they added flaxseed.

I use to feed Exceed, had no complaints on it, except that my trainer told me my coats could look a WHOLE lot better, and recommended I try Innova, so far her and I are not real happy with it, but I don't want to give up too soon, not until I really explore other people's results, and now that I heard about the reformulation, I'm starting to not be so enthused about Innova.

Didn't have bad poos on the Innova but have always had icky, dry coats and even ear probs on it (for a bc and the labs). We're using Orijen now for the Lab, and Nature's Variety for the Boarder Collie.