Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RJ takes another BIS!

Big congrats to Diane, Joy and of course RJ (Casbar's Hart to Hart), who went BIS at Bucks Co KC under judge Terry Stacy. Gotta love when a Labrador goes best in show

Re: RJ takes another BIS!

Woohoo - Congratulations, RJ!

Congratulations on #6 RJ, Diane & Joy

Lets see . . .

Buttercup, Lola, Bailey, Luna, Norman, Peanut, Paddock & Camry say . . .

WAY TO GO DAD!

Congrats to Joy & Diane too!

WTG RJ!!!!!!!!!!!, Joy, and Diane.

You done good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ask why an owner would campaign a dog for multiple years after he is a champion already?
Call me ignorant. I am really curious what they get out of it besides big fees I would imagine?
It seems like I see this dogs name in catalogs everywhere and most weekends.
Is this kind of campaign in order to get stud fees? Does it really work that way? Do people seek breedings from this dog because he is winning all these awards?
If it were me, I'd be happy with having a champion and one BIS would be more than I could ever ask for. So why keep doing it year after year with the same dog?

I guess you didn't watch the Derby today. Is there some jealousy at work here?

Who took WD & WB?

I wasn't there . . . I don't know who took WD & WB. I'm so sorry.

As to why someone would campaign a dog like this . . . ummm . . . isn't this a Sport?

The Steelers have won the Super Bowl six times, guess you want them to quit too?

Not everything is about money and stud fees.

so they can be called #1 silly
why else do we compete in every aspect of our lives?

Because they can!

Why not promote a dog that is winning? There are many dogs that never even finish or it takes years to get there and then there are those that finish and do not win as specials. And you say you would be happy to have a champion with one BIS. How many ever even win a BIS? It is few and far between. If you have a nice dog that is winning multiple BIS why wouldn't you keep showing him? Sounds like you need to re-think this one.

Congrats to all !!!!

Way to go RJ! I am once again amazed by this nice boy. Congrats to Dianne, Joy, and RJ!

Toni

Wow. A huge congratulations to RJ, Joy and Diane. What a great win.
Nancy

Big congratulations!

Why continue to campaign a dog? It is a sport. There is more to a CH/BIS/BISS title and keep in mind he's still only 3 years old. Perhaps she's trying for the #1 sporting dog? I'm not sure if a lab has ever owned that title. Anyone know?

Last time I looked he was the #6 sporting dog so that would be a reasonable stretch goal to shoot for.

Congrats to everyone!!

Big Congrats!!!

That is fantastic and I'm so happy that RJ took BIS, we need more of this!!! It doesn't get any better then this in the lab world!!! Good Job and congrats to owner and handler and keep the BIS coming!!!

WOW, Way to go...congratulations

To why
Because they can!

No chance it has to do with campaigning for No.1, exposure and a buncha stud feez. It's just b/c they can? Tell me, it can't be so.

Correy and I spoke about this last year. It was the first time 3 Labradors were in the Sporting Dog top 20. Salty, RJ and Fergie. Very exciting.
As for Why?.....It's a sport.....We all know very few will make money in this game. Dog food, vet bills, clearances, etc. etc.
What about Mo and the Doberman......Can anyone say private jet?

Oh yeah.....Congrats to Diane, Joy and RJ.
Let me know when we need to update the video.