Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question about LIVCO and LIVAPLEX

Does anyone know if LIVCO and LIVAPLEX could cause any adverse effects? My mom's dog was put on these a few days ago by the Holistic vet they are taking him to. He also received acupuncture and responded well to that. But tonight after a walk(he did poop and it was normal)he started to do deep lunges(like he was bowing) over and over my mom said. She called me and I really didn't have a clue, but thought it could be some response to pain or discomfort. He didn't show signs of bloat or twist. They took him to their regular vet and of course his symptoms disappeared before they got there. So, he's on LIVCO 3x pr. day and the LIVAPLEX 2x pr. day. Standard Process is the brand. He goes back to the Holistic vet Monday, but I told my mom to stop the meds until then. Was I wrong? By the way, she didn't mention to her regular vet about the new meds from the holistic vet...sometimes she makes me wonder.

Re: Question about LIVCO and LIVAPLEX

I should mention they did an x-ray and everything looked normal.

Re: Question about LIVCO and LIVAPLEX

what was the reason the dog was put on these to begin with?

My senior mother was also taking her two dogs to a holistic vet in South Florida,it was definitely a case of ripping off someone on ss. Some of the items he had the dogs on were marked up over 500% from what you and I could buy them on line for.
very discouraging..

needless to say I helped her find a new vet.