Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Zeus - Group 4

Our boy CH Gingerbred Celestial Thunder ("Zeus") took some time away from hunt training, dusted himself off, took a much needed bath and went back into the ring down in Elma, WA and won himself a Group 4!

Congrats to Ellen Cottingham, Christine Tye, and of course Zeus!!

Toni

BTW - Sounds like Labradors are having a great weekend in the group ring! Woohoo! Congrats to all of you!

Re: Zeus - Group 4

CONGRATULATIONS ZEUS and all involved!!
I met him at Potomac and he is certainly a lovely dog!

congrats to everyone!groups placements are special!! nice to see a labradors get one.

Do you happen to know who took WD and BOW at that show ?

Beautiful dog, Congrats

I'm sorry Toni, I did mean to also congratulate you on a wonderful win with Zeus. He's a beautiful boy.

I believe it was Allison Hillius's boy Teddy. Devonshire's Limited Edition. That finished him.

A Group 4 , congratulations to Ellen, Christine of Gingerbred and Zeus! What accomplishments Zeus, his owner and breeder have had since he was a very young boy! He's beautiful and I admire all of you.

WTG ZEUS ! Yes, Toni good to see you are back out !!!

Congratulations, Toni, Christine, Ellen, and Zeus!!!

Ellen seems to win with any dog she has on the end of the leash, do wonder!

Full results on onofrio.com

YEA!!! ZEUS!!!
Keep the wins coming!!
Well deserved!!

LOL. Good one, Shameless.

jus me
YEA!!! ZEUS!!!
Keep the wins coming!!
Well deserved!!

That is true enough. Ellen wins a lot becuase Ellen takes on nice dogs and presents them well. But Zeus wins no matter who is at the end of the lead as well. Most of his group success has come with someone other than Ellen at the end of the lead because she has a Springer special that is "first chair". Zues has won breeds with an assortment of different handlers besides Ellen at the end of the lead so please give Zeus just a little credit!

Toni

Toni
That is true enough. Ellen wins a lot becuase Ellen takes on nice dogs and presents them well. But Zeus wins no matter who is at the end of the lead as well. Most of his group success has come with someone other than Ellen at the end of the lead because she has a Springer special that is "first chair". Zues has won breeds with an assortment of different handlers besides Ellen at the end of the lead so please give Zeus just a little credit!

Toni

Yes sir! You can't say that about all the specials out there right now!!
Some need their pro handlers to get looked at and won't win without them.
If Zeus is winning with anyone on the leash, it truly is deserved.
So nice to hear this kind of thing especially when it's so clear that politics is 99% of winning at this level, which is silly if you ask me.
The handlers may as well go run around the ring by themselves, save the dogs some trouble!!
The placings would be the same!!

I agree, really dislike the politics!

So nice to hear this kind of thing especially when it's so clear that politics is 99% of winning at this level, which is silly if you ask me.
The handlers may as well go run around the ring by themselves, save the dogs some trouble!!
The placings would be the same!!

JP
Ellen seems to win with any dog she has on the end of the leash, do wonder!

This is not the JP that normally posts on this list. She would never say anything like that & does not live in the States. Some *want to be* her is playing games.

I agree with Toni, give Zeus credit. He's a beautiful boy with anyone on the end of the lead.

Congrats Toni, Zeus is a lovely boy and well deserving of his wins/record. I remember first seeing him as a 6-9 puppy with his owner handling him at the Sierra Vista Specialty. He won then too! lol

Keep up the good work with him!

Dianne Mullikin, EMT-B
Los Angeles, CA

Ah yes. Sierra Vista 2007 was definitely a time where it did not matter what dog I had at the end of my lead! Zeus was the only dog in his class (I think we scared the other dogs away when they saw me walk into the ring )! Surprisingly enough I came away with a blue ribbon!

To be clear - those are generally the classes I tend to win! My handling skills are shall we say "not so good".

Toni

How did he do at Potomac?

Carol
How did he do at Potomac?
I was there, I'm sorry, I don't know. There is so much going on, 3 rings at 1 time, it is hard to look for 1 particular dog unless you own it. You can check the results page on InfoDog unless someone else knows.

Post Script: There were many beautiful dogs that did not win their classes or the breed & some great dogs that did win. Robin was very deserving, James certainly deserved his win also. That was the ending high-lite of the 3 days.

I know how he did... He took a lap around the ring,got lots of applause, got lot's of treats, met lots of nice people, and was handled expertly by Shelah Frey (thanks Shelah!).

Nope he did not win. Nope he did not get a JAM. Does he care? He seems unaffected by this turn of events.

Fortunately Zeus does not posess a big ego (like me). I learn from him every day how to not take life so seriously!

Thanks Zeus!

Toni

Enuff already.

Toni
I know how he did... He took a lap around the ring,got lots of applause, got lot's of treats, met lots of nice people, and was handled expertly by Shelah Frey (thanks Shelah!).

Nope he did not win. Nope he did not get a JAM. Does he care? He seems unaffected by this turn of events.

Fortunately Zeus does not posess a big ego (like me). I learn from him every day how to not take life so seriously!

Thanks Zeus!

Toni

Well said! I am sick of these big egos some have!
They lose sight of what's really important.
Zeus seems to have the right idea!!