Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Becky, you were holding out on us??? Potomac video!

Thank you for this video! It brought tears to my eyes and when I read your letter beneath it, I wanted so badly to go back too!

http://www.nipntucklabs.com/Potomac09.html

Re: Becky, you were holding out on us??? Potomac video!

Wow... fantastic documentary!

very nice....I always adored Archie I still can picture the LQ black and white photo of him on the beach.

Thanks for sharing the link! Really enjoyed viewing and reading Becky's words!

Hey Becky...you ROCK girlfriend!!!

-J

Becky....That is awesome! Thanks for the nice words about Vinney, love the pictures of him.
Thank you so much!
Tammy

Well, I didn't want to get in trouble by saying--go look at my website, I have pictures. I'm glad others enjoyed it, it was, of course, an amazing and emotional experience. I miss being there (as of today I have three teenagers at home--take me back, please). And I must say I was so proud of every single person who showed me a dog, most of you know as we get old one of the things we enjoy the most about our furkids is their silly, sweet, all Labrador personalities. I must say those boys were darlings. Every one of them looked at me with those eyes and tail and either said "HI! Do you LIKE me!!!!!" or some did the equally darling, "Mom, there's a lady here, she's coming towards me, not sure about this, OMG she's PETTING me! MOM, she petted me! I was cool, wasn't I?" :) It really was the highlight of my life in dogs, I was thrilled, but I didn't realize how fun it would be. Or how happy it would make me. Or how hard it would be not to talk to you all! Again, you should all be proud.

Now I need to go take some Advil, I had a two-day horse show this weekend and I feel like I got hit by a truck. I need a dog show to relax. Or maybe its that whole three teenagers thing again. :) BTW, can anyone tell me how to do the Avatar URL? I put a picture up on a page and gave that address, but it doesn't work for me.

make sure you using the address for the photo not just the page it is on.
it would end in a .jpg

Hmmm...I can't seem to get the video to open. Is anyone else having a problem with it? Any suggestions, anyone?

How's this? Thanks!

I see the first picture then I get no more! Just
reading about Archie made me cry. We have two Archie
daughters who are loved so very much, he will always
have a place in my heart, as you do, Becky Jack!

You got it Becky! that's one way to stay young ;O)

I could not open it at home because I was missing qucktime, but it worked on the computer at work.

Becky you are more than welcome for sharing your link.
I am anon on here but rest assured, I had boys entered in your ring.
It is so wonderful to have a judge with a great personality and a soft hand on those puppies.
Your judging style was much appreciated, so thank YOU!!

I would love for someone who knows more about this stuff to explain why some people can't open the slideshows, all I know is at my parents' house using a different web browser allows them to see it.

And what is keeping me young is riding my son's mare, Joey. (Or Jo-weeee as my daughter has dubbed her.) We set an arena record at our club yesterday! But it's a little hard to walk today. Heck, its hard to breathe. I am too old to ride something so fast.

And Becky in Orlando, I expect to get a call from you at o-dark-thirty one of these mornings reminding me I need to call and get my room at the host hotel so we can have a party at the gala again next year. I need a new hat! ;-) Maybe this year we can get sparkly cowgirl hats, as I'm sure it will be SUNNY at Potomac again.

Becky, that slideshow and your words are absolutely precious and the music and lyrics are perfect. Thank you so much for making it available to the rest of us.

Aloha,
Kim Stahl

LOL, you WILL get that call. I can still hear your voice, "what time is it?" LOL I was so excited, I had post it notes to wake up early, my list of numbers on the computer...totally forgot about the time difference...can you imagine how silly I felt when I called Mary that early and she told me that since she was judging she got a room provided by the Club? Yes, I'm passionate about the Potomac, and if it's cowboy hats you want, that's what I'll do! I'll never forget!

Labrador etched stemware, wines from around the world, salmon (yummy, I have the board in my china cabinet!), candies, cheese trays, hand stitched goody bags, memory jars (Connie, yours is so YOU!), chocolate liquors, chips and dips, the most incredible blueberry jam I've ever tasted, wine glass jewelry...my mind is spinning from the memory!

(For those who are wondering what we are talking about, those at our Veteran's GALA table all bring gifts for ten people (plus!)and share at the party. It's our way to show those we appreciate and love a token to keep and remember.) I will never forget!

Becky Jack
I would love for someone who knows more about this stuff to explain why some people can't open the slideshows, all I know is at my parents' house using a different web browser allows them to see it.

And what is keeping me young is riding my son's mare, Joey. (Or Jo-weeee as my daughter has dubbed her.) We set an arena record at our club yesterday! But it's a little hard to walk today. Heck, its hard to breathe. I am too old to ride something so fast.

And Becky in Orlando, I expect to get a call from you at o-dark-thirty one of these mornings reminding me I need to call and get my room at the host hotel so we can have a party at the gala again next year. I need a new hat! Maybe this year we can get sparkly cowgirl hats, as I'm sure it will be SUNNY at Potomac again.

Yes, that was too much fun. And the gifts were amazing, I treasure them all. I was actually glad you weren't there this year, if you had been I know I couldn't have kept myself from visiting that table. You don't have to do cowboy hats, but I like the idea of giving something that carries the expectation of SUNSHINE rather than cold weather. I have a great picture of my daughter and me on a ride during a historic snowstorm and cold streak this winter, and I'm wearing the gala hat! Maybe I'll do sparkly visors, those are cute. But I think I will just bring Washington wine, because one thing I know is Potomac will always carry the expectation of FUN! That is if I am invited to the "fun" table at the gala again. I do have a few pictures of all of us in my Potomac 2008 slideshow. Miss you, hon! And, Jill, you, too, come to the gala this time. You have to have some old boys--er, I mean dogs, around, don't you?

And for those of you who don't know Becky in Orlando, I actually met her for the first time at Potomac 2008. But we have known each other for years as she used to breed her girls to my boys, and called me often. Every shipping box she returned to me she returned full of presents, toys and candy for my kids. I mean, how cute is that! She is a gem.

and you, little Miss Becky, are a BRAT being
happy I did not get to come this year! LOL I will
pinch you for that!

Those hats literally made it around the world. Susan
sent me a picture of her with hers on from Iceland!
There really was a reason for the wintery hats, each
Potomac prior I had brought lei's, representing Florida
sunshine (Hawaii, too!)...and we still had cold weather, so, I figured if I brought the winter hats we
would have SUN! Well, it was beautiful, so I think it worked.

Yes, you WILL get an invitation to my table if I am fortunate enough to get one. So, let's get our thinking caps on and make 2010 the very best! Thank you to the LRCP, of whom I am very proud to be a member, for the Greatest Show on Earth!

Becky Jack
Yes, that was too much fun. And the gifts were amazing, I treasure them all. I was actually glad you weren't there this year, if you had been I know I couldn't have kept myself from visiting that table. You don't have to do cowboy hats, but I like the idea of giving something that carries the expectation of SUNSHINE rather than cold weather. I have a great picture of my daughter and me on a ride during a historic snowstorm and cold streak this winter, and I'm wearing the gala hat! Maybe I'll do sparkly visors, those are cute. But I think I will just bring Washington wine, because one thing I know is Potomac will always carry the expectation of FUN! That is if I am invited to the "fun" table at the gala again. I do have a few pictures of all of us in my Potomac 2008 slideshow. Miss you, hon! And, Jill, you, too, come to the gala this time. You have to have some old boys--er, I mean dogs, around, don't you?

And for those of you who don't know Becky in Orlando, I actually met her for the first time at Potomac 2008. But we have known each other for years as she used to breed her girls to my boys, and called me often. Every shipping box she returned to me she returned full of presents, toys and candy for my kids. I mean, how cute is that! She is a gem.

I think cowgirl hats is a GREAT idea! I can't wait!
Becky, am I invited again too? Us Florida girls have to stick together.

It will be a long drive from here but after missing this year i won't miss next!

Hey Becky Jack, do you want something w/ palm trees or flamingos?

Bonnie, what are you thinking??? ALL flamingos belong to Sue Willumsen, every one in the whole world! LOL

Of course you're invited, you know the list, Connie, Bonnie, Sylvia ....then the rest of us... that's how it started, that's how it will always be! (the website url above has some pictures)

Bonnie Hall
I think cowgirl hats is a GREAT idea! I can't wait!
Becky, am I invited again too? Us Florida

What are palm trees? What are flamingos? We don't have those things up here in the Pacific Northwest! I don't know about getting cowgirl hats, my head is so giant none of them fit me. "One size fits all" is just a lie! Becky M. knows me well enough to get a hat that fits us large-headed gals. And I'm not talking about ego, I literally am a size 7 3/4 head. When I was a kid and would go to the tack store to buy helmets they laughed at me. :( I don't need that kind of traumatization in front of all my friends! %20void(0);