Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to use the Avatar URL

Ok, if I want to have one of my adorable Labrador photos come up when I post or respond to a post, what exactly do I do ? I know how to make my website and download photos but the Avatar is asking for a URL and from what I can tell, people are using 1 individual jpg photo. Please give this dummy, step by step instructions please

Re: How to use the Avatar URL

your photo must be stored on a website or similar (photobucket)
if you can view it online it has an address.

mine is stored on my website and the photos address is

www.sampsonslabs.com/Crosbyhd.JPG

find your photo, right click and click "copy image location" and paste in the Avatar area.

good luck!

Re: How to use the Avatar URL - test

I am trying this for the first time-this is Gabigail-Gabi

Sorta talking to myself here, copied URL from Shutterfly, but pic doesn't show up. Help?

email me the link to your online photo and I will try to send you back the correct code

ok, now I've just given away who the " Techless Dummy" is but at least I can use the Avatar now !! I think, we'll see if this photo shows up. Thanks for your detailed directions !!

I did it, after a few tries. It was explained to me in the thread below. I had originally put my photo on a page and used an html address, but you are supposed to just upload the photo and put it's own address. So I needed to have images/ in front of the file name and .jpg after. Seems to be working now.