Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
grain-free food

Do you know of a company that makes a grain-free large breed puppy food? My girl is eating Innova large breed puppy,which is an excellent food,but she is getting the "itchies," so I thought it might be from one of the grains??.."Now" has a grain-free puppy food...is this an appropriate food, calcium,protein, for a large breed puppy?

Re: grain-free food

Orijen makes a grain free large breed puppy food.

I am thinking of switching to grain free for an itchy dog also. How many of you have had success with this? Grain free is a heck of a lot more money than what I usually feed so just curious if it's worth it.

JMO - yes it's worth it. If you do a search, you'll find lots of past posts/info on this subject too.

Orijen makes a large breed formula of their grain free foods. I don't use the large breed though just the regular formulation.
Love the results and my first litter on it is doing spectacular with even growth and it's exceptionally digestable! ;)!

I have one dog that doesn't tolerate rice, so I switched that one to the Orijen and no more problems, the one ear cleared out completely without medication and no more licking the feet.
yes it does cost more but look at all the money I save on medical bills!!!

I have a store selling only natural diets and the Petcurean NOW is by far the best dry food I have yet found. It seems to improve every dog that I have put on it. It is a grain free Turkey & Duck formula and I keep getting rave reviews on it.
Not every food suits every dog. I love the Orijen fish formula but it is quite expensive but certainly an excellent choice.

While grain free Orijen is more expensive you feed less so its not that much more.

Also Orijen has a breeder program buy 6 get 1 free.

And if you are a breeder you can get 10% off at www.heartypet.com And so can your puppy buyers.

Great food, great company to buy from.

WOW!Thank you for the "Orijen" info...I love the whole package...the holistic recipe,grain free,breeder program and buy 6 get one free..that's for me!!

We've switched everyone to grain free too and we fell in love with the Taste of the wild. They didn't have a breeder program, but you can call and they will put you in contact with a distributor. We get ours for about a $1 per lb. They also send sample packages for our puppy buyers!

I have used both Orijen and Evo Red Meat. I actually like the Evo a bit better. Both good though. You do usually feed less on the grain free foods.

mcs
WOW!Thank you for the "Orijen" info...I love the whole package...the holistic recipe,grain free,breeder program and buy 6 get one free..that's for me!!

If you decide to go with hearty pet call and talk with Tracy and she will send you cards to fill out for the breeder program and give you all the info you need. She hangs on to the cards for you and submits them to Orijen (Champion Pet) each time she sends you your free bag.