Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm a Brit now

Our broadband was down for 3 weeks.I'm trying to catch up with the mountains of email. If you've been trying to reach me please try again as some of the email didn't make it.

After a 10 year process I have been sworn in as a British citizen. I now hold citizenship in both the USA and Great Britain. I took an oath to Crown and Country on April 23rd in a ceremony attended by my husband John, daughter Kiana and two close friends, both Welsh speakers.

My invitation said I could take an oath or affirmation in English or Welsh. I'm a Welsh Learner and chose to take an oath in Welsh. It turned out no one had ever taken an oath/ affirmation in Welsh so I made history.I held my mother’s bible in my left hand long along with my Native American family beads that have been passed down for generations.

Here is the oath in Welsh and English.

Llw teyrngarwch
Yr wyf i,Saudjie Cross-Crook, yn tyngu i Dduw Hollalluog y byddaf i, ar ôl dod yn ddinesydd Prydeinig, yn ffyddlon ac yn wir deyrngar i’w Mawrhydi y Frenhines Elisabeth yr Ail, ei Hetifeddion a’i Holynwyr, yn unol âr gyfraith.

Oath of Allegiance
I, Saudjie Cross-Crook, swear by Almighty God that, on becoming a British citizen, I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors according to law.

Later I took a cake to my Welsh choir practice. As I cut the cake the 20+ member choir spontaneously burst into song… the Welsh National Anthem in 4 part harmony. It was a very emotional moment for all.

Re: I'm a Brit now

WHY??

Awesome! Congratulations!!!

all the best to you and john, daughter and friends joining, thats a way to go saudjie, i can see you in front of my eyes. hugs
ritva/saija
sending you saija´s fotos from dog show in japan, saija and petri came back yesterday from a fantstic trip.

Congratulations Saudjie,you must be very proud!

I had to ask my husband, a Brit as well, what OBE meant. I always thought it meant , Of Balrion England,

He looked at me a little funny, and said no silly , it's the Order of the British Empire!!!!

Congrats to you and John Sadjie! Check for my order in that mountain of mail!!!

My gosh! Can we have the recipe for that cake?

Congratulations, Saudjie!!

Hugs! Jen

Congrats again
I thought you already announced this a while ago????

Do we care..................

Keep talking ugly. What goes around comes around. Stop acting like a kid.

Stop acting like a kid...does that mean no cake?

The Helicopter Guy!
Congrats to you and John Sadjie! Check for my order in that mountain of mail!!!