Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ingen results

Has anyone gotten an undetermined result from InGen? They are sending another test to do again.. what does it all mean??

Re: Ingen results

It means that you didn't send enough DNA for them to get the results and yes I got that too and had to redo 3 of my dogs by sending them new samples.
Aloha,
Jackie

Yes I have had one that had to be redone. They just sent me a whole new test just like the first one and they redone both. They did not say which was bad cheek swab or hair root ball? Got the next one back and it was all great! Some times if you have a poop eater or they had been licking another dog or puppy this will interfer with the test. Don't worry !

jab
Some times if you have a poop eater or they had been licking another dog or puppy this will interfer with the test. Don't worry !

Well that rules out cheek swabs on 99% of my kennel

brdr
jab
Some times if you have a poop eater or they had been licking another dog or puppy this will interfer with the test. Don't worry !

Well that rules out cheek swabs on 99% of my kennel

Yep - that's why I did the cheek swabs first thing in the morning after the dogs were crated all night!

Thats some good ideas. The one am doing now is not one of those thank goodness, but a pup. So concerned some about pulling the hair. Think I'll need a helper for sure.

The tweezers they send with the kit were pretty worthless (maybe I got a bad one) - I ended up just getting my own pair of tweezers out, washed them really good to eliminate any extraneous DNA. I did pluck the hairs from the inner ears - the dogs didn't bat an eye, so I guess it hurt me more than it hurt them

How in the world did you get them stuck on that little piece of paper?? I had a devil of time!

Yes - very difficult to get them stuck to the paper! I probably lost as many hairs as I got stuck on! I just plucked one or two at a time, and just tried to stick the end where it was held by the tweezers onto the sticky stuff, then using the tweezer to press it down, hopefully before it fell off!

Definitely not the easiest thing to do! But it's free and I could do it at home

I used hemostats to pull the hair,quick and easy.