Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac Help?

I'm going to the Potomac next year and having never been I'm so very excited.

I'd so enjoy information on what it's like and what to do for fun besides the obvious.

I'd also like to make an extended trip out of it...any local places of interest?

TY

Re: Potomac Help?

Sure, go to the bar at the host hotel and you will have the time of your life, bring something for hangovers. There is nothing to do in Frederick.

For your extended trip: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC.

How much time do you have for sight-seeing?

I highly recommend a couple of days @ Gettysburg - just 30 miles north of Fredrick. We also took in Boston, Washington DC and the Cherry Blssom Festival, Arlington National Cemetary, Phildelphia, New York - heck just about everything!

Oh, and I can give you the name of a SUPERB boarding kennel if you would like to e-mail me privately. I don't want to get in trouble for advertising her kennel, but a hint, she is a member of the LRCP and has many a fine lab! We left our two labs with her for a few days while we went sight-seeing and they received excellent care.

Whatever you do and see - I am sure you'll have a blast - we did!

BIbsmom - Valerie

LOL, my dog has stayed at that "hotel" too Valerie!

We went to Gettysburg a few months ago and their new visitors center is really amazing. If you go be sure to stop there before you tour the battlefield. Cherry Blossom Festival is great, as is the inner harbor of Baltimore. You can catch a ferry to Ft McHenry. Lots of shops at inner harbor plus a great aquarium. If you are into Italian food Sabatinos in Little Italy is superb, or crabcakes at Bertha's in Fells Point. Annapolis is a wonderful city to walk around in. Lots of history and beautiful colonial houses. You can cross the bay bridge to Cambridge and visit Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge if you are a birder.
If you belong to AAA you can check events on their web site or at one of the offices. They will have all the details of things to do.
Traci

Washington DC and Arlington Cemetery. We went in 2008 and even though it ended up being like an episode of Gilligan's Island, we had a great time. It was wonderful to see our nation's capital and so many things in it.