Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chilled Semen Boxes/Kits

What do other breeders do with the Chilled Semen Boxes/Kits once they have been used?

They have all the contents...foam/chill pack etc. but no breeding tools of course.

Do you just toss it?

I don't have a stud dog so I have no use for them that i can think of??????

Re: Chilled Semen Boxes/Kits

I recently received boxes from a stud owner that had a great idea. She rented out the boxes for the breeding, and if you sent them back to her, you were only charged a minimum amount and if you kept them, you got charged full price. I thought it was a great idea. Of course, I sent them back!

I return the empty boxes so they be reused. They are not inexpensive. I tape the boxes together and send them a one package. The FedEx guy always gives me a lecture, but he always accept the bundled boxes. I have a FedEx account and I think they treat me pretty kindly.

Why would you send them back by FedEx?? They don't need them back overnight. You can send them back through the post office for a 4th class book rate for next to nothing.

I sell my boxes because they are new. I don't take them back. If the b*tch owner wants to send her own boxes to me beforehand they are more than welcome. I am not about to try and keep track of who sent them back and who didn't, so I don't take any back.

I just offer my boxes free and they send them back. Cost of shipping anything these days is high on all of us. Just offer them to another breeder.

Thats fine if you are only shipping an occasional box, but when you have several stud dogs, and ship often, it's impossible to keep track of. I have a hard enough time collecting my $$ fees from some.

How much are the boxes if you bought
them without the kit of course?

Thanks

If you order and send to a stud dog the whole box and kit, I think still about 0. but if you already have the boxes all you need it the extender to compleat the kit. Which is about . from Camelot. Most of us use them over and over. We try not to use the huge box as much unless just a long way or very hot. Clone box fine and newer boxes.