Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What to do with all those rosettes/ribbons????

I am wondering what everyone does with their ribbons?

I am specifically speaking of the rosettes, not the small, cheesy class ribbons we get at AB shows. I rarely keep those except the purple ones of course.

Most of the specialty rosettes I have come in a plastic covering with a cardboard back.
The ones without the plastic I have hung by their strings.
But what do you all do with the ones that come in plastic?
Do you take it out to hang it? If so, how do you attach it to the wall or string or whatever?

I have lots of these pretty ribbons and it's shame they are piled up where I can't look at them!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Re: What to do with all those rosettes/ribbons????

I have seen people make quilts of their ribbons and here is a link for one of those Ribbon Quilt

I've also seen people make rosette balls by tying fishing line or string to something large enough that won't slip through the rosette hanging hole on the bottom and a hook on top and just stringing the rosettes on. You can then flip through the streamers to look at the wins.

Johanne

I know someone who hangs the really big ones over her puppy pen so they get eaten. I think that may be why she wins so much.

Isn't it wonderful to just be able to say "what do I do with ALL of these ribbons!?"

I take all the "cheesy" ones,as you call them, and put them on poster board and frame them in large poster frames. I figure I pay about $200 for each of those (between entry fees and handling fees, travel, etc), (LOL!) so, gosh darnit, I hang them up!
They are all over my walls.

The Rosettes, I string a line and hand them in long lines next to each other. Sometimes I hang them over the frame of the picture from the "win".

But remember, they do fade if you don't put them in shadow boxes (I have ones that have faded, and it took about 5-6 years until I noticed ).

Try donating them to a preschool for projects! They love them!

in finland rosettes, if extra ones that you don´t frame etc, are given to our "match shows"...where owners train for shows...i will never forget, that prior my labs got rosettes, my younger son used to sell me their many saluki-show rosettes....asking, mom what do you pay for this?

I was just visiting my sister and she has a fantastic idea. She bought brushed silver curtain rods (the type that would hang kitchen curtains) and screwed light brushed silver rod holders that screw into the wall and the rods just sit on top of them. Then she used ribbon that matches the ribbon, attached that onto the back of the ribbon, tied it into a loop and slide that onto the curtain rod. They are displayed beautifully!

E-mail me if you would like a picture!

Johanne