Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
purina

Anyone use the purina shredded blend chicken and rice? It was recommended to me by a breeder (different breed). Just wondered what others thought of it. Thanks

Re: purina

I stayed on the shredded blend up until about six weeks ago and was not at all happy, I had to feed more and my coats were crappy. I had chosen a new brand, and when my three girls started to blow coat at the same time and decided to try a little experiment. I switched one of the girls to the new brand and left the other two on the shredded. The one I switched had a beautiful new coat in about a month and the other two are still coming in. I am thrilled with the new food and have started to switch the other two over. So to answer your question no I would not recommend the shredded.

Neither I or my dogs liked the shredded formula.
I don't love it but I'm OK with the Kirkland signature C&R for maintenance. I might try the Diamond extreme. more fat and protein.
I feed Eukanuba sport to the show dogs and puppies.

The orignal chicken and rice is back, now labeled for all life stages. I use that along with ProPlan performance with my guys. Great coats, body condition and easy to clean up after them.

MK

Not easy to find. I still haven't seen the first bag.

Shredded=crap

feed more and horrible coats

Hay Jayson, don't beat around the bush on what you think......

LMAO.....No beating around here!

ProPlan was a nice product that just got screwed up! So far, we have been unable to get the original product, but we have found a local food that works well. It is about for 50lbs w/ tax at the local feed store. We spoke w/ the purina rep and were assured it would be available again. So far, no luck and our sources tell us they do not plan to carry the original formula. Go figure..... I'm done w/ purina!

jm

was happy with the original ProPlan, moved over to shredded and was NOT happy with the results. Had to feed more to keep weight on, coats fell apart and piles were bigger in the yard.

waited patiently for the original formula to come back out only to find out the two stores that carry Proplan are not carrying this product.

I switched to Diamond natural C&R 2 months ago and have been extremely happy. Purina lost my business of 15 years.

Wow--my little small town feed store had the orginal back right when Purina said it would be availale. He is NOT carrying the shredded at all.

Sorry to hear so many of you can't find it.

MK