Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pro Plan C&R Back at Petco Newsletter

Dear Purina® Pro Club® Member,

Nestlé Purina and PETCO have reintroduced the original Pro Plan® Chicken & Rice Formula, which was initially discontinued with the introduction of Pro Plan Shredded Blend formulas. As many of you know, the original formula was developed to meet the needs of dogs in all life stages, even though it was classified as an ”Adult” formula. As we bring back to market the original Chicken & Rice Formula, it will be classified as an “All Life Stages” formula consistent with Pro Plan Performance Formula. Rest assured that no product formulation changes were made to the original Chicken & Rice Formula. Chicken is still the number one ingredient with 26% protein and 16% fat.

We have begun shipping original 37.5 lb. Chicken & Rice Formula for All Life Stages to the PETCO distribution centers.

We encourage you to speak with a PETCO store manager to find out about how to order this product and the breeder discount program. The PETCO order information on this product is . . . .

PETCO SKU# 1239279 PPL-DOG 37.5# C&R ALL LIFESTGS

The reintroduced Chicken & Rice Formula for All Life Stages (UPC 38100-13676) will have a Pro Club weight circle point value of 12 points per pound. All Pro Plan Shredded Blend formulas will continue to accrue at the 11 points per pound level.

Once again, thank you for your understanding and support of Purina Pro Plan. You are extremely important to us and we value your opinions.

If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact our experts at 1-800-PRO-PLAN.

You are receiving this informational email as a benefit of membership in Purina® Pro Club®. If you believe you have received this email in error, or if you prefer not to receive any emails from Purina Pro Club in the future, simply reply to this email with the word "Unsubscribe" in the subject line/box.

Privacy Policy link: http://www.purinaproclub.com/Privacy_Policy.asp

Trademarks owned by Société des Produits Nestlé S.A., Vevey, Switzerland

Re: Pro Plan C&R Back at Petco Newsletter

I just received a letter from my Purina area manager today stating that Pet Supply Plus, Petsmart as well as Petco will be carrying the ProPlan original chicken and rice formula. Petco had already decided to carry the original formula but Petsmart and Pet Supply Plus are new additions.
According to the letter that I received, Pet Supply Plus and Petsmart should have it in their distribution centers by mid June so it should be available shortly thereafter.
Marci

Normally, I don't shop in Petco but needed an item they had last week.

I noticed they did have both shredded and non-shredded Pro Plan on the North East coast. They had both in good amounts. The clerk was pointing out to a shopper how it must say shredded to be shredded. If it does not say shredded it's the original Pro Plan.

GL getting your Pro Plan back finally. I'm glad my dogs weren't on it, it's a long time for the original to hit the shelves again. I've heard many have changed to other foods they are happy with. Purina hurt themselves by not leaving the original always available.

Did the original have 26% protein and 16% fat? The Life Stages has 30% protein and 20% fat.

The performance (all life stage) is 30/20. The "original" (all life stage) is 26/16. They've had the new "original" C&R bags around her for a while now. They say the formula's the same, but the pieces are larger and the two dogs I tried to put on it, got gunky ears and and got itchy almost immediatly. For the price, I'm feeding what I consider a better food and my dogs are doing as well if not better than they were on the old "original" formula.

Thank you for posting the update Heather.

Unfortunately for Purina (but fortunately for me), I switched to Canidae and have been happier with my dogs' results on it. Plus, they have a GREAT breeder program. Buy 5 of any item (44 lb bag, 37.5 bag, case of canned, etc.) and get the 6th one FREE. Better (and less) stool and wonderful coats. (Well, wonderful coats when they were in coat - now everybody is bald with the heat wave and mid-cycle! HA! HA!)

Have a good day!

Which canidae did you switch to and do you find that the dogs coats are as good as when on the PP, any ear issues?
Thanks for your input

I switched to the All Life Stages (Lamb, Chicken, & Fish, I believe). We were on it before, a couple of years ago, then tried the ProPlan for about a year. Coats are better now. I have never had ear issues with my 4 girls regardless of what kibble they are on. My boy is chronic for ear gunk no matter what food we have tried. I must say though, we've been back on Canidae for several months now and no ear problems for him yet (knock on wood).

to denise
Which canidae did you switch to and do you find that the dogs coats are as good as when on the PP, any ear issues?
Thanks for your input

I was just at Petco today and nothing in Utah yet. The rep at the recent Utah cluster said that Petsmart had it on their shelves (I checked and it wasn't) and Petco had it in their distribution centers. I sure wish they would hurry up I an tired of having the store managers look like I am from Mars and do not know what I am talking about.

Johanne

Too little too late IMO....
I feed Exceed now, better results less cost.

I haven't seen it, but someone on another list said the price was $44.99 in her Petco! I don't think that's the way to get the ProPlan users back!

Patty Streufert
I haven't seen it, but someone on another list said the price was $44.99 in her Petco! I don't think that's the way to get the ProPlan users back!

Yikes, I hope that's not true -- that's more than the Performance here! I will definately start shopping around if that is true...

Johanne