Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ABC's Expose of HSUS

Just received the following and was wondering if anyone else had seen the story?

Today the ABC Atlanta news story exposing the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) questionable fundraising practices became even more controversial when the station contacted PetPAC demanding we take down the transcript of the story.

The story appeared on Channel 2 in Atlanta over a week ago and soon after HSUS apparently initiated a campaign to cover up the story from being told.

The video of the news story was mysteriously taken down from the station’s archives and You Tube, most likely the result of HSUS demands.

Why the cover up? The investigative report exposed how HSUS raises hundreds of millions of dollars but contributes virtually nothing to help support local animal shelters as their solicitations often seem to imply.

Here’s a transcript of the news story sent to us by a member. We believe the United States Constitution guarantees our freedom of political speech to send this to you.

http://petpac.net/news/headlines/story_exposing_hsus_buried_read_transcript/

Re: ABC's Expose of HSUS

I received the same email from PetPAC, but was to late to view the YouTube story. I am trying to sort this out for myself and would like an unbiased opinion with facts to back it up. I find it difficult to talk to my dog friends about this because I don't have enough information. I guess I struggle to explain the difference between HSUS and the local humane society shelters. A new green, no kill shelter has just been completed in my area and public support has been terrific for it.