Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
diamond dog food

been on proplan profermance chicken and rice for years,,but now think it,s causing dry skin in all my labs,,thinking of switching to brand with same 30/20 content as pp,,looked up diamond profermance has 30/20 but know in past diamond had problem with toxins,,is anyone feeding it now,?,anyone with problems? any recomendations ? would appreciate feed back before i switch,,thanks

Re: diamond dog food

Diamond's recall was about CORN. If the food doesn't have corn in it, I personally wouldn't worry about the recalls from several years ago.

I've been using Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete for my boys - I like it a lot for them - no corn/wheat/soy. My feed store orders it from the distributor for me as he doesn't normally stock it.

I really like their foods. They have Taste of the Wild and also a new very afforable Professional line, buy six get one, and the whole Naturals line. Good foods at a good price.

You may wish to read the thread from May 14 about others experience with Diamond Naturals. There was some good input there.

thanks to all

sorry that icon was to be a smilie,,opps

My stud dog eats Diamond Performance and has for many years. When I lived up north I had to order it and had a hard time getting it so I put him on other brands (Iams, Eukanuba) He just never looked as good as he does on the Diamond performance. I recommend you try it. The other dogs eat Diamond Natural Chicken and Rice. I like that too. My seniors and puppies eat Pro Plan. I like that for them.

I feed pp to all my dogs and they look great on it - haven't had any problems. One is on the salmon and rice formula, the others on the Natural Selects Turkey and Barley .. the latter is very popular up here .. also with the Golden and Pointer people

Patty Streufert
I've been using Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete for my boys - I like it a lot for them - no corn/wheat/soy.

Any particular reason you don't use it on your girls?

My girls can gain weight just looking at food LOL - at least most of them. I did add it to a younger girl for a while, but the boys just burn more calories, so the "higher octane" food works well for them. I found if I fed a lower-calorie food, I'd have to feed them so much in the winter time (they have a heated kennel) they'd have loose stools.

Good High Quality Dog Food for Females?

Any ideas for a good high end dog food for females who do gain weight just looking at the food? 2 of Breeding age, 1 a youngster. Currently feeding Innova. Thanks for any suggestions!

Arcat Professional Athlete. A relatively new food, great for the boys and they have a Hunters Edge for the girls.