Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone been successful getting the original Pro Plan C&R from Petco?

I was told by our local Petco almost 4 weeks ago that they were going to order me the original C&R Pro plan all life stages, called them today and was told that as of Feb 9, 2009 they were blocked from ordering this food, anyone get any of it yet per the newsletter Purina sent out? i'll be calling customer service in the morning but it was too late time wise her to do it today.
Aloha,
Jackie

Re: Anyone been successful getting the original Pro Plan C&R from Petco?

Our local PetCo does not have it yet.

I have seen Pro-Plan all life stages performance in my store. Is All life stages performance the same? It was 45 bucks a bag.

It is not a item they carry in the store, you need to special order it and buy at least 6 bags at a time. I am just wondering if anyone has been able to even order it.
To the person that asked if the performance all life stages is the same no it's not.
Aloha,
Jackie

nope
Our local PetCo does not have it yet.

Performance is different.

I did not ask about ordering the regular ProPlan. I asked a general worker and did not ask the manager. I will try that.

I still don't believe it will be the same formula. How can it be for adults only, and now be for all life stages, and still be the original formula? I have moved away from Pro Plan, and will probably not go back because of this idiotic and nonsensical decision they made.

Here is some updated info as of my 5/15/09 news letter. Also I have had no problems in getting the Performance or Orginal C&R Adult Formula.

ProPlan Chicken and Rice Formula Update

Nestle Purina and PETCO have reintroduced the original Pro Plan® Chicken & Rice Formula, which was initially discontinued with the introduction of Pro Plan Shredded Blend formulas.  As many of you know, the original formula was developed to meet the needs of dogs in all life stages, even though it was classified as an “Adult” formula.  As we bring back to market the original Chicken & Rice Formula, it will be classified as an “All Life Stages” formula consistent with Pro Plan Performance Formula.  Rest assured that no product formulation changes were made to the original Chicken & Rice Formula.  Chicken is still the number one ingredient with 26% protein and 16% fat.

We have begun shipping original 37.5 lb. Chicken & Rice Formula for All Life Stages to the PETCO distribution centers.
We encourage you to speak with a PETCO store manager to find out about how to order this product and the breeder discount program.  The PETCO order information on this product is  . . . . 

PETCO SKU #1239279  
PPL-DOG 37.5# C&R ALL LIFESTGS

The reintroduced Chicken & Rice Formula for All Life Stages (UPC 38100-13676) will have a Pro Club weight circle point value of 12 points per pound.  All Pro Plan Shredded Blend formulas will continue to accrue at the 11 points per pound level.

I did give them the this sku # from this email and they said they are "blocked" from ordering this food in ALL their stores across the U.S. sinse feb of this year, guess i'm going to have to call that 800# as it seems the workers here, including the managers don't know what their doing argh!
Aloha,
Jackie

Diane A
Here is some updated info as of my 5/15/09 news letter. Also I have had no problems in getting the Performance or Orginal C&R Adult Formula.

ProPlan Chicken and Rice Formula Update

Nestle Purina and PETCO have reintroduced the original Pro Plan® Chicken & Rice Formula, which was initially discontinued with the introduction of Pro Plan Shredded Blend formulas.  As many of you know, the original formula was developed to meet the needs of dogs in all life stages, even though it was classified as an “Adult” formula.  As we bring back to market the original Chicken & Rice Formula, it will be classified as an “All Life Stages” formula consistent with Pro Plan Performance Formula.  Rest assured that no product formulation changes were made to the original Chicken & Rice Formula.  Chicken is still the number one ingredient with 26% protein and 16% fat.

We have begun shipping original 37.5 lb. Chicken & Rice Formula for All Life Stages to the PETCO distribution centers.
We encourage you to speak with a PETCO store manager to find out about how to order this product and the breeder discount program.  The PETCO order information on this product is  . . . . 

PETCO SKU #1239279  
PPL-DOG 37.5# C&R ALL LIFESTGS

The reintroduced Chicken & Rice Formula for All Life Stages (UPC 38100-13676) will have a Pro Club weight circle point value of 12 points per pound.  All Pro Plan Shredded Blend formulas will continue to accrue at the 11 points per pound level.

I can purchase it from Mounds in Sun Prairie, WI

I am not using it any more, but I did see a big stack at the Petco in Olympia, WA just about a week ago. I was surprised since I was under the impression that it was to be special order only.