Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does anyone know...

...what AVEPA or AMVAC stands for or is? The Breed Club in Spain only lists those organizations and BVA as the only entities recognized to score hips / elbows for breedings of club members litters and OFA is not recognized or accepted. It is my beleif that OFA is a reputable entity and certainly one of the most if not the most credible entity in the world as far as rating hips / elbows not mentioning the rest of excellent services that they provide for us. What am I missing here???? Why is OFA not accepted? I´ll probably get a reply from a club director asking me not to bang the club anymore, which is certainly not the intentions here whatsoever, could not be further from the truth. I really would like to know and if in fact they are reputable and credible organizations with credentials that I should rely on. Please pardon my ignorance all of you.

Re: Does anyone know...

PS. My name is Orlando Fernandez just in case someone from Spain thinks that I hide behind the Author name; Breeder in Spain. All of my dogs are here in Spain, registered AKC and have all OFA clearances. Please feel free to send me private e-mails if you wish as I am scratching my head on this one.

http://www.avepa.org/index.html

Madrid Association of Companion Animal Veterinary Surgeons (AMVAC).......I can't find a website for this one.

Orlando, your english is superb, congrats. Not a lot of spaniards speak or write like you. Did you live in England?

No,in America for 49 years. PROUD TO BE A VIETNAM VETERAN! (US Army Helicopter Pilot)