Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WISCOY WEBPAGE LOST DOG INFO ...OWN WEBPAGE COULD HELP?

it woud be good to have a special space at wiscoy webpage for everyone to read, should a dog get lost, precious time saved as owners can immediately start doing the right things, as they worry whey cannot think of all that needs to be done quickly, finland has one webpage for lost and found and all info what to do. also stories how the dogs were found, as owners learn how the dogs work in these situations.
ACT QUICK. BEST OF LUCK AND BE POSITIVE IT HELPS.

just a suggestion, as quick action is important. best
ritva
ps i have been years helping in cases in finland where we have one webpage to contact any time to add or search for lost/found dogs, and the happy endings to let people learn how dogs act in these cases. i have followed these for years, as i´m horrified should any of mine be needing help? also i´m always so grateful for all people who care and do save the strays they meet.

Re: WISCOY WEBPAGE LOST DOG INFO ...OWN WEBPAGE COULD HELP?

someone posted a "Lost Dog" link on a Berner page - looked like good info:

http://www.bmdcnv.org/lostdog.html

its very important useful info,
must be quick to find, so owners can act immediately, time is an option here. act quick, quick nd correct.

owners do panic and nothing comes to mind.

SHOULD BE ONE CLICK AND ALL IS THERE, STEP BY STEP.
the flyer model which should be passed around immediately and as its printable friends can print and help.

our dear friends are usually found fast, however desperate it seems. also separate articles how the lost/found case was solved is important, people realise how it all happens.

as if in just the escape/run away cases, a familiar blanket etc left on the spot where it all started...in strager areas...food tracks/paths walked by owner and maybe falily´s other dog leading to a familiar safe place...also issues about flight transports and safety issues (i´m an old stewardess) iforming and booking space in hold prior to flight so cargo space doens´t carry any things which should not be in same hold area....dry ice etc, just learned it....etc
reading all the happy endings, one comes to mind from uk, as a female dog was stolen, owner followed newspaper adds for upcoming litters, and how come some 5o km from home a litter was announced, and as owner with friend visited as buyers, they did recognize their dog...left to contact the police and arrived to the house...happy ending they got the mom, their dog and the babies as well....so its all unbelievable, but remember THERE IS HOPE, AND IT DOESN´T MATTER IF THE DOG IS FREE ONE OR COSTS ???$ ALL AS DEAR AND VALUABLE.
ritva´s small thoughts

best
ritva

ps.
all registerd dogs/litters (most dogs in finland) are all microchipped, as every litter/every puppy must be microchipped (age 7-8 weeks) prior to leaving the breeder, copy of the chip is at FKC. no show, field trail or any events can be entered if dog not microchipped. no puppy/dog imported can arrive without microchip + international pet passport + some extra vaccination reglations depending on country of arrival
ritva