Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GOLDEN FOUND !!!!

I am so enrmously pleased to announce that Indy was discovered nearby and has been safely returned as of late this morning.

A HUGE thank you again to absolutley everyone who gave advice & suggestions, who help spread the word, and those who prayed. I couldn't have done it without you!

I only ask now that you joyously spread the word that she has been found and is back home safe and sound.

Great lengths will be taken to assure that this never happens again.

:)

Re: GOLDEN FOUND !!!!

Great news! I'm so happy for you both!

glad you found her :O)

so happy to hear all is well. you must be happy. any idea, what happened and how did you find her? its good to know, as it might help next dog to be found. hugs from finland.
ritva

Glad to hear she's home. (nm)

x

Re: Glad to hear she's home. (nm)

That's wonderful news!!!!!

I love a happy ending!

Johanne

WOOHOOOO!!!! GREAT news!!

That is great news. You are so lucky. Forum had great ideas to help.

Someone recognized her from the pic in the fyler I posted and called me to tell me who had her.

I am so thrilled that your Indy was found close to home! Wow. That is great news.

All I can do is echo what everyone else has said. Thank God she is home safely!

Re: GOLDEN FOUND !!!! What Happened?

What happened when you confronted the people?
they stole your dog right? are you pressing charges?
what's to stop them or one of their friends to come back and take another one of your dogs?

They didn't exactly admit to having taken her from our home, and witout proof, there's nothing I can do. I'm just glad to have her back now. As to what's to prevent such things in the future, who knows. Just the fact that it didn't work has to be some kind of deterant. I am also considering installing video cameras around the outside kennel area as well.

Do you have locks on your kennel runs ? We keep locks on all our outside gates just because of all the attention our dogs draw in from the one street. When I run errands, the pups come in the house, safe and sound.

My husband is the only one who comes and goes from the outside gates and he's well trained to lock the gates when he is done doing yard work.

That idea of you installing a surveilance camera sounds like the next best thing if you don't have a fence around your kennel runs.

Glad you got your sweet Golden back !!

I have all my gates padlocked.

If this happens again, scope it out first, don't pick your dog up yourself, have the police go there so you can press charges or scare the heck out of them. Did they report a found dog? Didn't they see any of your signs? That would tell me a lot. Well thank goodness you have her back. What a scare.