Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Do you know these Labs?

I was surfing about and found this page. Very nice for color variations.

I said to myself "Oh there is so and so". Not to promote but just a fun guessing game. :)

http://www.candyheartretrievers.com/labcolors.htm

Re: Do you know these Labs?

well it was nice to see a photo of my senior boy on this color page but he is far from light chocolate.
Douglas has beautiful dark coat.

I am not one of these people who will freak over you using a photo with out asking......but if you would have asked fist I could have sent you a photo showing a milk chocolate or mahogany colored chocolate lab.

I assumed this person had permission since they listed the kennels. But did question about the "silver Lab".

Sorry if I got bees going in the bonnets.

My dogs are not shown here. But would not like it if they were without asking to use photo. With chocolates they can vary while shedding. I agee, Douglas is very dark and so is his line. Just the way the sun is hitting him or shedding. Some of the others I have also seen darker. Would be fine to use some friends dogs and ask for pictures. Nice idea but not if not correct. Don't know if Fox reds vary or not. Sure Gregg boy is there. One beautiful boy.

I sincerly apologize. If you would like the pic of your dog removed, just let me know. Or if you have another pic that you would like the current one replaced with, I can do that as well.

I should have contacted each breeder before posting those pics. That was my mistake. At the time, I didn't give it much thought, just assumed since it was for educational purposes and since I gave credit to the owners, it would be okay. Again, I do apologize.

Thanks,

it is educational but incorrect.
you are more than welcome to use Douglas' photo but he needs to be put under a different shade instead of light chocolate, as this is incorrect.

I will search photos for a lighter chocolate and send it to you.

Consent problems aside, it is a very nice, very useful page. Well done!

Do you know these Labs?

Remembered this from a previous thread...
This was good information and not meant to create a problem....

Just look at the downside of taking someone else's photograph

May 23rd, 2009 - 12:32 AM Re: web sites

Before anyone takes any photographs off of anyone's website, just look at what you are risking.

If the photograph is copyrighted, you can be sued and required to pay damages plus the copyright holder's attorney's fee if you cannot demonstrate with proof that you licensed the photograph from the website or in the alternative from the photographer, if the website using the original photograph was not the one who took it and who actually owns the copyright.

You may lose your AKC previleges. It is amazing how many show catalogs include the AKC Rules of Sportsmanship, and how very few read them. One of them is " Sportsmen will deal fairly with all those who trade with them ". If you don't think stealing photos from a breeder's website violates this rule, give it a shot. Then when we all read about you in the AKC Gazette, about your previleges being suspended and you being fined, because you "stole" (read not deal fairly with someone else in the hobby) someone else's property in the fancy, then we will all know for sure how wrong it is to steal someone else's photographs without their permission. Good luck!

I am willing to bet no permission was given to use this image (http://www.candyheartretrievers.com/silver.jpg) for this purpose. No way would he allow it, and I bet if he knew about it he would seek legal remedy. The owners of that image are offering $1000 to the first person who can prove Silvers are not purebred. http://www.silverlabradorinfo.com/

Couldn't a DNA test determine that????

but is it not interesting this is the same breeder who also bred weims? hmm? Pretty much every silver pedigree seems to go back to his line of dogs from what I have seen?

Candyheart
I sincerly apologize. If you would like the pic of your dog removed, just let me know. Or if you have another pic that you would like the current one replaced with, I can do that as well.

I should have contacted each breeder before posting those pics. That was my mistake. At the time, I didn't give it much thought, just assumed since it was for educational purposes and since I gave credit to the owners, it would be okay. Again, I do apologize.

Thanks,

Shadow Mtn Labradors???
Are you kidding me?????
you had better so some research before you list them on your site, LOL.

Shadow Mtn has not been updated in years, did they fall of the face of the earth?

Are YOU kidding me??? There is nothing wrong with Shadow Mtn by the looks of their site.
Maybe you're just jealous because you haven't accomplished what they have!!??
Get a life!!!

Are you kidding me?
Candyheart

Thanks,

Shadow Mtn Labradors???
Are you kidding me?????
you had better so some research before you list them on your site, LOL.

Are you kidding me? You had better do some real research honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Breeds prelims, sells no guarantee puppies as show prospects, better yet, why don't you ask them what ever happened to
"Epoch's Tavern".
Sickening, sick, sick, sick!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't even want to be in the same room as her!!!

definitely a personal vendetta here

well since you know sooooo much, why don't you tell us???

are you really kidding me
Are you kidding me? You had better do some real research honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Breeds prelims, sells no guarantee puppies as show prospects, better yet, why don't you ask them what ever happened to
"Epoch's Tavern".
Sickening, sick, sick, sick!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't even want to be in the same room as her!!!