Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Continuation from Below Post

I just had to relay a phone conversation from early this afternoon. Puppy caller called looking for female for his "friend" and wanted puppy ready to go into new home on July 4th as it fits in well with his "friend's" schedule. Well this in itself is ridiculous as we don't have them hanging on trees to pluck off and fill orders of certain colors, sex, and on specific dates. Then while he "has me on the phone" says he is interested in a male puppy for himself to breed to his female when she's ready. Told him we only place puppies on limited with no breeding allowed as do most reputable, responsible breeders. Yes, he said, he realizes this because he ran into this when he was looking for his female??!! Next thought, if he was going to breed his female, why wouldn't he just sell a puppy to his "friend" . . . on full registration, of course

Re: Continuation from Below Post

I also have had the "order me up a McDonalds" style calls...which is one reason my site is set up a little different than most breeders.
People would be like " I'd like a puppy out of ____ male and _____ female. Whaaaaaaa? Like ordering up a made to order hamburger. Its absurd.

Probably due to the American consumer mentality. I want "this" and I want it on "this" date. Well, sorry, we don't have order up puppies at the exact date you wish. And they have no clue what we do to choose the right "mates" for a particular breeding.

too funny...

I keep yellow females wrapped in foil to thaw on Christmas Eve.

snort....

Yellow males are in now. Between Marley and the silly Cottonelle commercials that's what everyone seems to want lately. With a litter of 7 girls and 3 boys everyone is still spoken for at 2 weeks but I could have sold 20 more yellow boys. Are people reading less books and watching more TV and movies?

snort....

I guess I might complain about some of those kinds of calls, but for the most part - I get people that are aware of most of the right questions to ask and what to expect. I did get a family a few months ago that traveled hours to come and see us, only to have his wife sit in the car because she really didn't like dogs? The rest of the family thought she would get over it - but I declined.

I have gotten more calls for black males in the past 8 weeks, but I don't have puppies right now. Funny how the colors have their highs and lows, because I usually get 10 times as many inquiries for yellow females.