Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chilled Semen

I have a question about chilled semen. Fresh semen has my preferred female sperms swim slower and live longer. Boys, while sweet, are always ready to do the job fast and die quickly from their efforts. Does anyone know about chilled semen? Once chilled, do all the sperm become equal as far as stamina? Just curious. I bred with fresh semen with prog 6.4 and then two days later. Got 6 girls, 2 boys. Next breeding was chilled. I did the same thing and got 3 girls, 4 boys. None of this is bad and I am not complaining, just curious if sex chromosome sperm is different in chilled semen. Thanks.

Re: Chilled Semen

it's the same in chilled as fresh

Chilled Semen

Greg
How about frozen? I am sorry not trying to re-direct OP... just curious?

its the same in frozen, as before it is frozen it is fresh. xy's are there no matter if you do live, fresh or frozen. Genetics dictate xy's.

Brd
its the same in frozen, as before it is frozen it is fresh. xy's are there no matter if you do live, fresh or frozen. Genetics dictate xy's.

We all know there are x's and y's, but chilled vs. frozen vs. fresh, how long does x live vs. y and how fast does one swim vs. another. I know fresh x's live longer, swim slower. The question had to do with chilled.

as I said above, the same concept applies on chilled as with fresh. Quite honestly I don't have any idea if the boy/girl ratio can be manipulated with frozen.

Gregg
as I said above, the same concept applies on chilled as with fresh. Quite honestly I don't have any idea if the boy/girl ratio can be manipulated with frozen.

Thank you Greg. That's good to know, not that there are any guarantees in this business but it's always fun to play the game and see what you get.