Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To Becky Jack - Older Champion

"I can't tell you how pleased I am that another provisional judge, Trudy Rose, was brave enough to give my wonderful old brood bitch her last point."

Why would the judge have to be "brave" to put up an older beautiful bitch with saggy boobies?

After all they are breed classes and she earned it so I don't understand it when you say "she (the judge) had to be brave"?

To Becky Jack - Older Champion

Congratulations! I didn't read the post you are talking about but now I know that there is hope for my girl! I'm sure your new Champion is gorgeous! Excuse my spelling, it's early!

Re: To Becky Jack - Older Champion

Sorry to be so late on this. The reality is my girl is older than most out there being shown, and looked like she had had a few litters. I understand that the reality of dog shows is conditioning and presentation plays a big part. To compare a matronly brood bitch to an 18 month old is very different, and unless you look out in your yard and see older bitches who have had a few litters every day, I think it is a bit of a shock for some. Many judges see mostly what is shown to them, in their ring, and are no longer active breeders. I was CONSTANTLY getting comments like--is she pregnant? How old are her puppies? Even tho she is actually super fit and runs and rides with me all the time. Even the ring steward that day called her a fat old momma dog. She is not fat! But we've all had that fight before. Anyway, after hearing that kind of comment over and over it was just a real pleasure to walk in the ring with an active breeder and have her recognize the quality of Apple. I am still tickled pink, and *am* proud of Trudy for doing what she did.