Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Tagged" virus?

I have been receiving a You've Been Tagged email from many lab breeders. Some of the names are friends, and some of the names are familiar, but not people I have communicated with. Someone just sent me this:

IF YOU GET AN EMAIL THAT SAYS YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED TO LOOK AT PHOTOS FROM ME, DON'T OPEN IT.

IT WILL LEAD YOU THRU SEVERAL QUESTIONS AND THEN IT WILL EMAIL EVERYONE ON YOUR EMAIL LIST. IT IS NOT A VIRUS ---MORE LIKE A MINI FACEBOOK---BUT EVERYONE STARTS GETTING EMAILS. DON'T OPEN IT.

I have been deleting them all. Does anyone know what this is about, and is anyone else getting them?

Re: "Tagged" virus?

I too have received a dozen of these, they steal your addresses from your email account and then send everyone an email. So, I apoligize if any of these came from me, I had no idea this was a virus. The person that I received it from was a friend.

shalane
I too have received a dozen of these, they steal your addresses from your email account and then send everyone an email. So, I apologize if any of these came from me, I had no idea this was a virus. The person that I received it from was a friend.

Ditto here! Aaarrrgghhh.......

I received 3 yesterday and 2 today from
Cross Bay Labradors to open photo's.
Do not open any of them!

I have gotten 7.

You can send them to me, but they can't infect me.

I also apologize if anyone has gotten Tagged emails from me. It's a phishing scam, not a virus. I've about had it with this website. It has been sending out emails to every single person in my address book from Google account....that is 571 people I've ever emailed from there! Here's the website explaining what to do if you do get "tagged."

http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/phishing_Tagged_dot_com.php

I aplogize as well if anyone got them from me, it seems it raids your email account so anyone I have ever sent an email too will probably get one, DON"T OPEN THEM. Several other breeders have been hit too. Suprisingly many were answered back!!

Mine came from another breeder I know, so apparently it will keep making the rounds if anyone opens them.
Like it says "Tagged" so you're it and the game keeps playing, I am miffed I have better things to do with my day then spend it deleting so many messages...

Thanks Mary Anne, we got scammed too

I got one too, recognized my breeder's name in subject line and in email address w/ different IPO. I quit the process early (I hope) when I realized that the email address was just wrong. The message in the email sorta guilts you into not participating it says:

So and So has pictures to share with you, if you don't look at them so and so will think that you don't want to see them.

Not my breeder/friend's personality at all.

Makes you want to join "Tagged" doesn't it? I've received a LOT of them too. I won't open them.

Yup have received dozens from people that I know, even facebook, I just delete them. What a pain!