Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
STD? VD? Help???????

ok, so my dog comes from from 2 months on the show circuit and there is this little white pimple on his lip, and another forming. Cornell said it looked like what is similar to the human papilloma virus (?)
My local vet said the same thing. They said not to biospy it unless it did not go away in 3 mos.

Anybody have any experience with this? does it spread? and is there anything I can do to protect my other dogs? Keep his from getting worse?

Help, I feel like my dog has a sexually transmitted disease and I'm freaking out!!!!

Re: STD? VD? Help???????

Why wait 3 months to biopsy? Do it so you know what you are dealing with.

I had a litter that had 3 with pallilomas. One had one removed from her tongue, another from her vulva, because they were causing problems, All 3 got a few more, but eventually, they went away, and that was almost 4 years ago.

It's caused from a comprimized immune system, and there isn't much to read about them. They are common in cattle.

Nobody else got them.

Just be patient. They will go away.

A few months on a show circuit will cause a great deal of stress on the immune system. Give her some time, good food and excercise to rebuild her immune system. Astragalus is a good herbal supplement too.