Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ovulation Kit

Now that I have decided against the Draminski Ovulation detector, does anyone out there know of any accurate ovulation kits available. I heard that there were some reliable ones made by a company in Texas.???

Re: Ovulation Kit

I have not used them, but I think the company you are talking about is Camelot. I use their boxes and extender and they are great. You can reach them at http://www.camelotfarms.com/

JanG

Spain, Do you use progesterone levels to aid you in timing a breeding? Availability in your country or area?

Breeder in Spain, are you thinking of the Fertile Focus?

http://www.midwoof.com/store/reproduction/fertile-focus-ovulation-test/prod_209.html

Spaniard, talk to Maureene Gamble, she knows about a new product that works inredible and is very easy to use.

No, I was not looking for this one but in the end it seems very interesting! TIA!

You can do the same procedure as the Fertile Focus by using your own microscope. Put a drop of saliva daily on a slide, let it dry and watch for ferns.
Myra Savant also sells this product and talks highly about it in her seminars. The little lipstick style tube is actually a mini microscope.

Thanks to all for the help! I think I have a clear view on the program! TIA!

The ferning system sounded very interesting, so I tried it and also ran progesterone tests at the same time. The problem I experienced was, I never could get enough saliva for ferning to occur. The little saliva I was able to collect was virtually dry as soon as it hit the slide. Any suggestions? I would like to try again if I knew how to get enough saliva.

how about those liquid dispensers they sell for dosing kids? Almost like a spoon with a vial attached.

Get cookies out first. Then they almost always salivate. Mine drool.