Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
judge mistake

Could the judge have made a mistake when he said sorry you don't qulaify in obedience my score was 175, passed all exercises.

Re: judge mistake

Maybe... You also need to get at least 50% of points in each available catagory. So, for instance, you could have gotten 100% on recall, but only 40% on off-lead heeling...

Usually, after judging awards, judges will go over where you lost points and why.

Hope that helps! Good luck getting your legs!!

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest

Leslee Weiner-Pope
Maybe... You also need to get at least 50% of points in each available catagory. So, for instance, you could have gotten 100% on recall, but only 40% on off-lead heeling...
Yeah, but in that case, the judge should NOT have finished the scoring and told the competitor that they did not Qualify, so that they knew going into the sits and downs that they were only doing that for practice. We had a bad heeling day once and the judge told us walking out of the ring that had we lost 1 more point, there would have been no use doing the sit/down. And when I have seen that at shows, no score is tabulated for the team, they are just told it was an NQ.

Another thought, if the judge wrote a score of 175 down in her book, you might want to check with the superintendents' results in a few weeks, you might see that you have a passing score listed vs. the NQ.

I checked my points so I know in each catagory we passed. I called the akc they said check back in 2wks when they have the judges info.

Where would you get the superintendant's results?

If it was a small show, it might have only been run by a show secretary and the club might not post results. If it were a big show, in combination with an all breed Kennel Club show, the superintendent's website should list it.

For example, this show was handled by Onofrio, and here are the posted results:
http://www.onofrio.com/execpgm/wbsrbred?wtsrk1=MINN142010X0NB

You can email me if you need help.

Thanks! It was a Jim Rau show, I went to there sight nothing posted for June.

You should have had the judge explain what he meant when the class was finished. You may have thought that you "passed all exercises" and gotten a score of 175, but failed to qualify for some other reason, including handler error. You could also contact the judge directly and see if he will discuss it with you. Often the posted results will not give you the answers you are seeking.