Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where are all these Parvo cases?

I'm just curious where these Parvo cases are popping up?

Also, I always use Progard vaccine for Parvo and thought it was the most effective in young puppies. I am curious what everyone else is using.

Re: Where are all these Parvo cases?

hopbrook

Also, I always use Progard vaccine for Parvo and thought it was the most effective in young puppies. I am curious what everyone else is using.

A case in point in particular was a breeder in N.J. that frequents shows every weekend. I heard about it a few months ago. She supposedly had litters with Parvo, I don't know the type. I do know she did her own vaccines.

I've heard of Parvo I in other parts of the U.S. that the puppy vaccines do not cover.

Make sure you store your vaccines in the refrigerator where the temperature does not change from the door opening. For example, don't store them on the door!

southern Georgia, our county and surrounding counties are overwhelmed with this different strain of parvo that seems to be working on older pups fully vaccinated.

Are you implying this breeder was going to shows every weekend with parvo litters at home???
That is very disturbing if that's what you meant. I see why many breeders don't show while they have pups at home.

BRDR20
hopbrook

A case in point in particular was a breeder in N.J. that frequents shows every weekend. I heard about it a few months ago. She supposedly had litters with Parvo, I don't know the type. I do know she did her own vaccines.

I've heard of Parvo I in other parts of the U.S. that the puppy vaccines do not cover.

Make sure you store your vaccines in the refrigerator where the temperature does not change from the door opening. For example, don't store them on the door!

Here in Spain I lost 6 last year @ 6.5 months that I was running on to a very strong strain of Parvo. They were all vaccinated according to the following protocol and so far excellent results;
@ 40 days / Parvo & Distemper
@ 15 days after / Optavalente + Corona virus
(DAPPi + LC)
@ 20 days after / Optavalente + Corona Virus