Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
question on pups registration

I have a pup from an April litter that I was planning on selling to a pet I home. I have now decided to keep this pup and possibly add her to my breeding program and of course want to register her on full instead on limited registration. Thing is I already darken the limited registration box. Just wondering if anyone else has done this and if so how you corrected it? I guess I will now darken the box at the same time I transfer them over instead of doing it before hand.

Re: question on pups registration

Just register her to yourself online.

Ok, that sounds easy enough. I thought I would still need the number in the box to register her as full. This is actually the first time I even registered a litter online. In the past I’ve always done the mail in process of registering the litter and keeper. Haven’t had a litter in almost three years and decided to get with the times and do it online much easier and faster.

Just hold the paper up to a light. You will be able to see the numbers and register online. I now cut out the box so the number can never be seen.

As the owner of the litter, you don't need the PIN or the full registration code.

Q: As the litter owner registering the puppy in the name(s) of the litter owner(s), what information is needed to register the dog online?

Answer:To register the puppy in the name(s) of all the litter owners, you will need to provide the following information:
Litter number
Litter date of birth
Dam registration number
Dam's certificate issue date
Puppy registration number
Name of puppy
Name, gender, color, markings (if any), and registration type (full/limited) of puppy
Registration package selection
Payment Information

I tried that. Couldn’t see anything. I darkened them pretty well. To ensure someone wouldn’t do that. Though I do trust my puppy families as they are thoroughly screened and all know that it’s in the contract that they are sold as pets, not breeding stock on limited and will need to be spayed/neutered.

Yes, it does appear that since I am the litter owner. I will not need the pin to register her online. Ok off to register my girl.

Hm, I am stumped. Just had a first litter, got the AKC papers and I do not see any code in the "Request Limited" box. Am I missing something ? I'm looking at the right area, it says to request limited registration, darken in the box below. The box, well it's blank. No code, no letters, no numbers Sooo, I guess I'm just confused as to where you are seeing any code of any sort in that box ?

TIA

If you share ownership of your dogs with your spouse, that's a co-ownership in the eyes of AKC, and you can't do online puppy registrations on pups sold by co-owners. The papers will HAVE to be sent in.

ES
As the owner of the litter, you don't need the PIN or the full registration code.

Q: As the litter owner registering the puppy in the name(s) of the litter owner(s), what information is needed to register the dog online?

Answer:To register the puppy in the name(s) of all the litter owners, you will need to provide the following information:
Litter number
Litter date of birth
Dam registration number
Dam's certificate issue date
Puppy registration number
Name of puppy
Name, gender, color, markings (if any), and registration type (full/limited) of puppy
Registration package selection
Payment Information

Great advice ES! I will remember that for the future and hope the OP appreciates your guidance. This is what this board should be about, helping others when possible. Good job from just 1 breeder to another!

Breeder66
If you share ownership of your dogs with your spouse, that's a co-ownership in the eyes of AKC, and you can't do online puppy registrations on pups sold by co-owners. The papers will HAVE to be sent in.

I have registered pups co-owned with my husband in the past. I just registered on about a month ago. I think the website has been updated.

Lab Breeder
I have registered pups co-owned with my husband in the past. I just registered on about a month ago. I think the website has been updated.
Good to know. I couldn't do it online last year.