Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cardiac clinics in Mid-Atlantic/Northeast

I searched OFA and Info Dog, but I just wanted to see if anyone knew of any all breed Cardiac Health Clinics this summer/fall that are offering auscultations and/or echos. TIA.

Re: Cardiac clinics in Mid-Atlantic/Northeast

The Pawcatuck LRC is offering CERF and Cardiac clinics at our September specialties.
Go to the club Web site www.prlrc.org for details.
Kathy

The next I know of is June 27th at a dog show in Wrentham, MA.

A Dobe breeder organizes them for vet cardiologist Dr. Nancy Morris. Check out http://www.heartlightdobermans.com/upcoming_clinics.htm

Will the PRLRC clinic be echo or auscultation?

Anything scheduled further south, in N.J. in 2009? I have 4 dogs that need echo dopplers. TIA for some information.

Mid-Jersey Labrador Retriever club offers one in November in Tinton Falls, NJ. We do eyes, microhip, heart ausiltation and if an echo needs to be done, one can be done by the cardiologist. If you would like to email me I can give you the date when I get home from work and the contact person for same.

Just Breeder
Will the PRLRC clinic be echo or auscultation?

Both will be offered. Details are on the club Web site along with a link to the cardiologist.

You cannot get an echo the same day at the Mid-Jersey clinic. However, Dr. Sammarco will deduct your clinic fee from the echo fee if one is needed. You would need to schedule the echo at the main hospital on a later date.

ive look at the website where is it listed about the cardiac clinc at the show in sept?
(very interested cause im going and have a dog that needs to be done)LeeAnne

Hi,
the Mid-Jersey LRC will hold it's annual health clinic at the Red-Bank Veterinary Hopsital on Sun. Nov.8, 2009 from 8:00 - 1:00. We will be offering eye (CERF) exams, heart auscultations and microchipping.
Please feel free to contact me for further info, although I haven't completed the flyers yet.
Dr. Sammarco will be the cardiologist at the clinic. I can't speak for him, and the fact that it's a Sunday. I know he took one person back to the main facility for an echo afterwards, only because he finished with us early and he had time. Everything will depend on the day.

I am very interested in having echo's/cardiac clearanes done on a few bitches at the Pawcatuck Specialty. I looked on your club website and don't see anything about it. Do we know the cost of the Echo's and Cerf's there? Also, can some link the page for me, I can't find it. Thanks.

Oops. Looks like it's not on the site yet. Here's the info.
Kathy

CERF - Dr Alan Bachrach Jr. VMD Thursday, September 17
Prepayment is required 35.00/Dog
PLEASE PRINT
Name___________________________________________________________________________________________
Address_________________________________________________________________________________________
City______________________________________________ State________________ Zip______________________
Phone____________________________________________ Email_________________________________________
Dog’s name(s)____________________________________________________________________________________
SUBMIT FORM AND PAYMENT TO:
Chris Lapham
354 Sperry Road
Bethany, CT 06524
(203) 393-1678 or chris@hopevillelabs.com
Please make checks payable to PRLRC
For scheduling purposes; Please note which classes you are entered in and/or time preference.
Cardiologist – Dr Nancy Morris ACVIM Friday, September 18
Auscultation $35.00
Doppler $185.00
Scheduling and payment for Dr Morris can be done directly through their website:
www.heartlightdobermans.com/clinic_sign_up.htm
Optigen 20/20 clinic Both Thursday and Friday
Pre-Register at www.Optigen.com Web Code #PRLRC9918
Health Clinic
On Site: Back to Back Specialties
September 17 and 18 @ North Stonington Fairgrounds

Thank you for the N.J. information. I would re-schedule for the echo dopplers at a later date. I don't want ausculation only , I want both done. Thank you kindly for the information.

I will be there for CERF-ACVO exams although I never heard of the ACVO vet before. I am newer to the area, maybe that's why. I used Dr. Ringle last time, not at a clinic and the cost was prohibitive. My dogs are all due in December so November works for us.

Heart Clinic
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Dr. Aaron Wey, DACVIM
By Appointment Only
(518) 399-2040 (518) 368-9219
Ausculatation - $25.00
and
Doppler - $175.00

This clinic is at the Adirondack Cluster in Ballston Spa, NY in early August.

Barb Roosevelt

Sorry for the confusion. I've asked that the info be posted on the club site. In the meantime, check this thread for prices, contacts, etc.
Kathy