Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Potomac Sweeps Critiques - Bitches

I see all the critiques are up for the 2009 Potomac except bitch sweeps. Any chance anyone might know if those will be posted soon?

Re: Potomac Sweeps Critiques - Dog videos

I don't know about those, but I did just today put up the video critiques I took of the classes I judged. www.nipntucklabs.com/Potomac09.html Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the class you want. Enjoy!

The videos are awesome Becky - thank you! Unfortunately I missed some of Sweeps so this was great to watch.

Becky, I must say that I absolutely love the way you have provided these video snips of your class winners. What an impressive line-up of future hopefuls.

I have been given the honor of judging puppy dog sweepstakes next year at the Potomac (I've been sworn to secrecy!) I have to say that you have set the bar so high that it will be hard to follow in your footsteps, but I will give it a go. Can't wait!

You actually are the inspiration for me going out and buying a camcorder to capture my winners. Can you tell me what camera you used? I bought the Canon Vixia HF S100. It will probably take me until next spring to figure out how to use it!

Gee, thanks! Of course the video wasn't even planned, my kids were supposed to get me a voice ap for the iPod, but it never worked. I bought myself the Nikon D90 this winter because we are always videotaping our runs on the horses and the quality on regular videos is so bad. The D90 does HD video and it is digital, and they had it at Costco. But actually, my daughter's little Canon Powershot also takes digital video, and the quality is good. The nice thing about those is you can then turn around and take beautiful pictures with them, too. Enjoy! It is an amazing experience.

Thanks for the info Becky. I have looked at the Nikon D90, and it is a really nice choice. I hope that my new Canon will do as well for me. Thanks again.