Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cargo mat for mini vans?

I am looking for a rubber cargo mat that fits into the cargo space in my mini van.
I'd like to set the crates on top of this to avoid hair from becoming stuck in the carpets

Anyone know of where to purchase? I can't seem to locate a store that sells one that goes from the back of the front seats to the back of the van

Re: cargo mat for mini vans?

I had good luck at Wal-Mart. I bought some rolls of clear plastic carpet protecting runners. It has little nubs on one side so it stays in place. A couple of rolls covered the back of my Ford Explorer. It works great to protect from hair and spilled water. It was really cheap too! Gotta love Wally World!

Husky makes a cargo liner for a Suburban that mostly fits in a Dodge minivan; it has a lip all the way around and has stood up to 15 years of abuse in my cars.

I got mine at a truck pimp place. You know, where they pimp out vehicles? Detailing shop, maybe it's called.

It's for the back of a pickup truck, but it fits in the back of my Odyssey.

Try this site WeatherTech.com or 800-441-6287. This company makes mats that are are custom sized to fit your make and model of vehicle. The mat is durable, and easy to clean, a quick hose off and you're done.I'm very pleased with this product. Give these folks a look see.

LOVE the look of the weathertech one!!
Thanks for all the great suggestions, now to decide!!

I put down a tarp on the carpeting of my van, then bought a cheap nylon rug and set it down on the tarp, then stuck the crates in top of the rug. Both the tarp and the rug are wider than the van's interior, so I just folded the excess tarp under itself, and brought the excess rug up the sides of the van. Keeps the crates from rubbing against the interior plastic; take it all out, and the van looks like brand new!

Cheap fix; bought everything at Walmart! LOL!

Like a couple of others, I took the cheap way out after looking at the prices of mats made for my Sienna. I spent $20.00 at Lowes (my favorite store) for 3' black runner. I cut to fit along the sides and it works perfectly with two strips side by side.

Gregg and Wag The Dog, I like your way of thinking!!
I was thinking the custom mat would have to wait a bit because of the price but Lowes, here I come!!

I use mats that I get from Home Depot. They are 3' x 5' (about) and are rubber backed and have a rought carpet on the top -- like what you see on the floor when entering a business. They wash up easily (hose, power washer, car wash) and can be vacuumed it not too hairy! Also, should they get trashed, they are not that expensive and can be tossed and new bought!

Johanne

WEATHERTECH None better, they are made in USA, custom sized to the vehicles and are flexible too.

After doing a lot of searching, I decided to buy the soft vinyl cargo mat sold by Chrysler/Dodge. Its great, fits beautifully and securely (has tabs that tuck into edges around seat compartments) and can be folded or rolled back if you only want to cover part - for instance you have the middle or the rear seat up. The only problem is that it is not split for having only one middle seat up. Eventually I may cut it to solve that problem, but have not had the need yet. Have had it for six months, with rough use, and it shows no wear. It does not have a raised edge, but is light weight and easy to handle.