Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
website hosts for dog pages?

I am losing my web host as it closes, and so are a few of my friends who use the same host. Geocities is closing. Not sure I want to stick with Yahoo. Have to make a decision or have page be gone.

What web hosts and hosting plans do you recommend for small hobby breeders with educational pages, occasional litters, a few dog brags, etc.? I don't want puppymill ads on a border of a free site, but I don't need to spend a lot for every bell and whistle either. I like sharing my doggy photos with others on a web page and educating, too. Thanks in advance.

Re: website hosts for dog pages?

Go Daddy or A Plus

I have been with free geocities since 1989 when the address were a mile long.
moved to the small business last year and have been very happy with it.
easy to use with good service, I run about 4 sites for others on there as well.

I recommend e-rice.net to my clients. I have 4-5 of my own sites with them as well.

Sampson Labs,
Try to log in to geocities.com and see message. I think I have two weeks to move my site. It may vary by site or area. Geocities is closing by the end of October, totally. Will you be sticking with Yahoo?

Thanks, Laura. I don't have any fancy system or knowledge, just a Mac and a smattering of html.Admit that I used some geocities site builder tools, too. Would e-rice.net be suitable for a beginner at websites like me? Looks reasonably priced, which I like, as long as I can tinker with site from time to time.

I was told by e-rice that they do not support the Apple format. I am have go-daddy and am pleased with their service/rates for the four sites I develop/maintain
diane

go daddy

yes the free geocities sites are going to be shut down, they have that notice up for about 4 months now.
My original free site will be gone and I have already moved most back over to my computer.

The paid site is through Yahoo, $8.95 a month domain and unlimited space, tons of tools to build and run the site.
There are plenty of others sites but if you dont want to move or redo you site you can upgrade now to the small business and they will move your site over for you.

I also use Go Daddy and recommend the host. They are pretty reasonable in price as well.

Being almost entirely computer illiterate,I use Coondawgs for our site,he does a fantastic job at an amazing price.