Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
size of dog

can anyone point me to a breeder that handles a smaller lab ie 40lbs or less or even let me know if that is possable

Re: size of dog

Fenwyck-Susan Patterson

Yes, I have created quite a niche for myself in the "Paris Hilton" version of the Labrador world. I have even taken this phenomenally successful "NEW" type to other countries. Simply amazing what you can do with 'miniaturization' and 'nanotechnology' when you apply it to Labradors!

Ok, now that I have finished my good gut laugh for the day I hope everyone else enjoys the chuckle too!

Try here:
http://www.ckcsc.org/

Good one, Gregg! Personally, I'd try here: www.ackcsc.org (Wink)! I have yet to see one over 40 lbs, although some big ones (30 lbs) have come through imported show lines. The only problem is the grooming, the white feet, or tan points on black dogs. Standards!

They grow up to be the size of a Lab puppy. Some swim and retrieve, others don't. The prominent eyes would be a problem in the field. . . one more reason that round eyes are wrong on a Lab!

But the personality is very similar in the two breeds.

Agreed. And there are Rubies (Reds) in both breeds! I love both of my breeds!

Good one!
Ours is blen, and thinks he's big like our Labs!
If you can deal with the barking, you've got it made!!

Well for myself, I have a 7 week old mis-marked Silver lab whom I expect to weigh about 15 pounds at maturity . . . will that do?

I expect him to take "BESS" at Potomac next year (Best Eaten at Specialty Show) . . .

Meow!