Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cheaper eats

I live in Mass.and I feed Merrick B.G. to my six Labs.It is pricey,I buy it from a local feed and grain store to the tune of $200 per month.Does anyone from Mass.or anywhere, know of another way to buy high quality dog food at a more reasonable price? Thank you!

Re: cheaper eats

Merrick, in Fl where I live, is about $60 for 30# from a feed store.

I spend what you do for lesser quality food, in my opinion, to feed the same number of dogs. I use Taste of the Wild 1 part to Diamond Naturals 2 parts.

Unless you downgrade your food, I think you are paying a normal price for that quality unfortunately.

my guys do so well on B.G.that I do not dare switch..they were on Canidae for 10 years and did splendidly until Canidae changed their recipe,then all skin hell broke out....how much is the largest bag of Taste of the Wild?What about pallets or bulk buying?

I feed TOTW Roasted bison and venison and for the biggest bag I pay 45.00 . I think that is a 35lb bag...and that is tractor supply

You might want to consider giving Canidae one more try. I too was discouraged when they changed the formula and tried something else. I went back to Canidae and my dogs are all doing very very well on it. I successfully raised my last puppy on Canidae and my Frenchie finished his Ch while on Canidae. Anyone that has Frenchies knows that they can have skin issues and I have had no problems while on the Canidae All Life Stages. I joined the breeder program and love the buy 5 bags get one free deal. I give my dogs a helping of canned Mackerel once or twice a week and have great coats on all my dogs. Oh and I do not work for Canidae, it just works for me!

great advice...thank you!

Kirkland's Chicken and Rice works for us. $25 for 40#.

Taste of the Wild is #30

Kirkland is major steps down from Merrick.

As I said before, unless you downgrade your food, expect to pay what you are paying for the quality and number of dogs.

newbie2
Kirkland's Chicken and Rice works for us. $25 for 40#.

Same. Happy as a clam.

to OP...........is it 200.00 per month per dog?

I love the Diamond Foods! very reasonably priced and GOOD QUALITY!